Chapter Thirteen: Only A Boy

We head back to the motel after Lucas. That kid had fear and uncertainty radiating off of him. I wanted to help him. He is only a little boy, he shouldn't have all this crap on his place. When we got there I laid on the couch as Dean sat at the table. Sam split from us to grab food. He was sitting and had his head in his hands. His leg was bouncing up and down.

"Dee? What's up?" I asked him as I sat up to face him. He sighed and turn towards me.

"There getting better Kat...." He said softly, he ment my nightmares.

"Dean, what did I do? Sam won't look at me, without pity." I asked, but didn't look at him, just at my scarred hands. He got up and sat next to me, but my back was still slightly facing him.

"We came back, and you were crying and sweating. Sam woke you up but when you saw him, you ran to the other side of the room and grabbed a knife." I turned fully to him, he was staring at his lap. "You yelled at Sam, saying how that wasn't him and Sam was never coming back. You had the blade on him at all times, until I butted in." He slouched over and brushed his hand over his face and rested in on his chin. 

"Dean...what did I do?" I said, holding back tears of fear.

"You recognized me but then tried to stab yourself, saying you couldn't do it anymore......I stopped you and calmed you down, Sam was in shock.......We almost lost you Kat." He said softly. I covered my face with my hands, trying not to break down. I never wanted these nightmares, but the fact Sam now knew hurt. It was bad enough that Dean and Sam had to deal with that. Dean wrapped his arms around me and I leaned against his  shoulder. He rubbed my arm to calm me down.

"Dean, what the hell is wrong with me. I am never like this." I choked out, holding back as many tears as possible.

"Maybe your just PMSing." Dean chuckled. I hit his chest sightly and chuckled myself.

"Remember when I first got it and you guys were freaking out." I laugh.

"Don't remind me." He laughed.

I go to the bathroom, I haven't been feeling well at all. I pull my pants down and I see blood on my underwear.

"DEAN! SAM!" I scream. Dad was gone on a hunt and wasn't letting me come as usual. He told the boys to watch me and he be back in a week or two. The boys burst through the door in panic as I sit on the toilet.

"What?" Dean says out of breathe.

"I'm bleeding, i'm dying!" I say with tears falling down my cheeks. I point to my underwear. Dean's face turns white while Sam smirks.

"Your not dying Kat, you got your time of the month." Sam chuckles. He sends Dean to get some stuff while we do research. I found a website with tons of info, some I didn't want. The door swung open and Dean came in with a face of embarrassment. He hands me the bag with pads, Motrin and chocolate. 

"When Dad got home and used his computer, his face was the best." Dean chuckled.

"Sam forgot to get rid of the page with a giant uterus." I start laughing so hard, then Sam opens the door. WE look at him then laugh harder, with Sam's face filled with confusion. 

"What this time?" He smirks as he puts the bag of food down.

"Just remembering the time when you left a picture of a uterus on Dad's laptop." I smirk. He face goes red as we laugh more.

"Better than when Dean left Beautiful Busty Asians on his laptop." Sam grinned. Dean went red and I burst into laughter, falling of the couch. It was nice having these moments again.

"Back to the case, So, I think it's safe to say we can rule out Nessie." Sam says, as he pulls the burgers out.

"What do you mean?" Dean asks as we all go to the table to eat.

"I just drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead." Sam stated as he hands me a burger.

"He drowned?" I ask as I sink my teeth into the juicy burger.

"Yep. In the sink."

"What the hell? So you're right, this isn't a creature. We're dealing with something else." Dean said with food stuffed in his face.

"Yeah, but what?" Sam said as he opened his thing of salad. He was such a health nut.

"I don't know. Water wraith, maybe? Some kind of demon? I mean, something that controls water...water that comes from the same source." I suggest. Sam shakes his head.

"The lake." He says, it made sense. It could be why it was calling me. "Which would explain why it's upping the body count. The lake is draining. It'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time."

"And if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone, almost anywhere." Dean said. He got up and tossed the wrapper in the trash can. "This is gonna happen again soon."

"And we do know one other thing for sure. We know this has got something to do with Bill Carlton." I added.

"Yeah, it took both his kids." Dean said as he sat an drank his soda.

"And I've been asking around. Lucas's dad, Chris—Bill Carlton's godson." Sam informed us.

"Let's go pay Mr. Carlton a visit." Dean says as he steals my fries. I smack his hand making him drop the fries.

"Mine." I jokingly growl, making Sam chuckle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We came to The Carlton house, and Saw Bill on the bench. Just like when I met him before. We approached him but I stood in front.

"Mr. Carlton?" I say softly as I get closer. He looks at us then back at his hands.

"We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind." Sam said with care in his voice. I sat next to Bill. He didn't budge.

"We're from the, the Department—" Dean started but Bill cut him off.

"I don't care who you're with. I've answered enough questions today." Bill said with sorrow in his voice.

"Your son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see anything out there? Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death—we think there might be a connection to you or your family." Sam pried, but Bill shut him down.

"My children are gone. It's...it's worse than dying. Go away. Please." Bill says. I take Bill's hand in mine and nod at the boys to head back to the car. I squeeze his hand. He squeezes back.

Come play with me I hear whisper in my ear. I look around. No one but Bill was there. I get up and leave him be. Dean was with Sam talking about the case. Sam was leaning against the car. Dean is looking at the house with the gears turning in his head.

"What is it?" Sam asks.

"Huh." Dean says then pulls something out from his pocket. My drawing an holds in tup next to the house. It was the house. I drew the Carlton house.  "Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something." We got in the car but all i heard was four words echo in my head.

Come Play With Me