Chapter Twenty-Three: Christo

We got on the plane with only two freak outs from Dean. Sam was sitting by the window and I was in the end seat, leaving Dean in the middle. His leg was bouncing up and down frantically and he was humming a familiar tune, and Sam noticed.

"You're humming Metallica?" Sam asked with a chuckle in his voice.

"Calms me down." Dean snapped while panicking. It was something I never thought I would see. I grab his hand and he squeezes it back tightly, cutting off circulation.

"Hey, you are fine. You are Dean Winchester, the bad ass who gets rid of monsters everyday." I tell him, hoping it would help. Sam however was not.

"Look, man, I get you're nervous, all right? But you got to stay focused." Sam said, not helping at all. Dean took a deep breath and stopped shaking as much. I guess it did work.

"Okay." He sighs out.

"I mean, we got thirty-two minutes and counting to track this thing down, or whoever it's possessing, anyway, and perform a full-on exorcism. What could go wrong?" I chuckle, hoping to lighten the mood a little.

"Yeah, on a crowded plane. That's gonna be easy." Dean points out.

"Just take it one step at a time, all right? Now, who is it possessing?" Sam asks.

"It's usually gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, you know, a chink in the armor that the demon can worm through. Somebody with an addiction or some sort of emotional distress." I say and start looking around the plane at the panicking passengers, some looked worse then Dean.

"Well, this is Amanda's first flight after the crash. If I were her, I'd be pretty messed up." Dean then gets the attention of the first flight attendent he sees.

"Excuse me. Are you Amanda?" He asks. I pinch the bridge of my nose and shaking my head at his idiotic move.

"No, I'm not." She says with a concerned voice.

"Oh, my mistake." He says and leans back into his seat, the attendent looks worried so I come up with a quick lie.

"Sorry, My brother is looking for this girl he met online. Her name is Amanda and she is a flight attendent. Could you point us in the right direct?" She smiles and points to a blonde girl in the back making drinks. "Thank you, and please don't tell her. It is a surprise." The woman giggled and walked away. I turn to see both of the boys eye glare at me.

"Really Kat?" Dean said.

"Hey I was covering your crappy cover work." I point out. Sam rolls his eyes at both of us.

"All right, well, that's  Amanda back there, so I'll go talk to her, and, uh, I'll get a read on her mental state." Dean says with a slight smirk.

"What if she's already possessed?" Sam asks, which was a good point.

"There's ways to test that." Dean grins. He pulls out his bag from under his seat and pulls out a Virgin Mary porcelain bottle. "I brought holy water." I shake my head and grab it from him. I put it in my jacket.

"I think we can go more subtle. If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of God." I tell him. Dean nods and gets up to go to see Amanda.

"Hey." Sam calls, Dean comes back and has a scowl on his face.

"What?"

"Say it in Latin." Sam tells him and Dean rolls his eyes.

"I know!" He whisper/yells back. HE starts to walk and I call him.

"Dee." He walks back looking irritated.

"What?!" 

"Uh, in Latin, it's "Christo"." 

"Kat, I know! I'm not an idiot!" He growls and walks to the flight attendent. Sam reads through Dad's journal and a massive headache hits me.

We will protect you, We will save you, You are one of us

A crowd of voices whisper in my head. I go in my bag and grab the pill bottle and pull out a pill. I swallow it dry and wait for it to kick in. 

"What is that?" Sam asked, I forgot he was there.

"Meds I got from Dad......please don't tell Dean." I plead. Dean thought I was out and thats why I stopped using it, but in reality it was addicting and I couldn't risk my family getting hurt cause I was drugged. He nods and continues to the journal. Dean comes back and sits down.

"All right, well, she's got to be the most well-adjusted person on the planet." Dean groaned, I think he was jealous a bit.

"You said "Christo"?" I asked. He nods.

"Yeah."

"And?"

"There's no demon in her. There's no demon getting in her." Dean said, he gripped my hand again, he was terrified.

"So, if it's on the plane, it can be anyone. Anywhere." Sam says. The plane shakes a little and Dean starts to lose it. I can't feel my hand anymore.

"Come on! That can't be normal!" Dean groans, His knuckles are white due to how hard he was squeezing the chair and my hand.

"Hey, hey, it's just a little turbulence." I say as I comfort him. I rub his arm a little.

"Guys, this plane is going to crash, okay? So quit treating me like I'm friggin' four." Dean snapped. I grab his face and make it face me.

"Listen, if you're panicked, you're wide open to demonic possession, so you need to calm yourself down. Right now." I tell him. His apple green eyes met with mine and he started to breath deeply. "Hey you got to get it together, I am the only one that can be a mess." I joke. He chuckles and calms down a little.

"Good. Now, I found an exorcism in here that I think is gonna work. The Rituale Romanum." Sam says and points to a page in Dad's Journal.

"What do we have to do?" I ask, I knew it wasn't good due to Sam's face.

"It's two parts. The first part expels the demon from the victim's body. It makes it manifest, which actually makes it more powerful."

"More Powerful?" Dean asks in disbelief.

"Yeah."

"How?"

"Well, it doesn't need to possess someone anymore. It can just wreak havoc on its own." I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"And why is that a good thing?" I ask.

"Well, because the second part sends the bastard back to hell once and for all." Sam says with confidence.

"First things first, we got to find it." We all get up and search. Dean and Sam were in the aisle, I went to the front of the plane, looking for anything. I was acting like I was waiting for the bathroom. The Co-pilot came out of the bathroom and bumped into me.

"Oh sorry." He says with a grin. A chill went down my spine and my mouth opened, not expecting anything to come out.

"Christo." I say softly. He turns to me with black flooding his eyes. He grins and heads back into the cockpit. I turn and there are the boys staring back at me with the fear flooding between us.