Chapter Fifty-five: Dropping a Bombshell

I wince at the peroxide running down my arms. Sam cleans the wounds while Dean wraps bandages around my skinny extremity. I stare at the floor the whole time, unsure of what I just saw. A hallucination? A memory? It felt so real, and the couple.....I couldn't wrap my head around it.

"Katarina." A voice said softly to get my attention. I turn to see my brother Sam, a slight smile on his face, with comforting eyes. "Hey, nice to see you." He grinned, joking at my mind absences.

"Hi Sammy, its been awhile." I say horsely, my throat like sandpaper.

"Here." He hands me a mug with steam rolling off the sides. I lift my nose to smell it. Sweet and warmth filled my nose. I take a sip of the warm liquid, letting it coat the walls of my throat. I open my eyes to look at the liquid once more, expecting to see the nice yellow green tea. Instead I see blood and strings of muscle in the cup. My eyes widen and I whimper. Two rough hands grab mine around the cup and the apple greens that have taken care of me my whole life crouches in front.

"Kat, what do you see?" He whispered, his eyes moving side to side looking into my faded blue. Trying to understand what I see, what I feel, to help me get through this.

"It's warm dark blood, dark red staining the outside. the stringy muscles soaking in it and draping over the once white mug." I say poetically. He covers the tops of the mug with his hand, making the blood disappear.

"Kat look at me." I continue to stare at his hand, waiting for the decay to consume it. "Kat, Look. At. Me." He says, using his other hand to guide my face. I stare into his face, unsure of what to believe anymore. He smiles lightly. "Good, now. The drink is tea. Nice warm tea. I wanted to give you some Jack but Sammy was not feelin it." He said to make my smile and I did.

"Whiskey sounds great right now." I chuckle.

"There is that smile." Sam says. I look up and hold the smile, making him do the same.

"Okay, Kat." I turn back to Dean and the mug of death in my hands. "When I move my hand, you will see there is just tea okay?" I shake my head, fear traveling down my body. My arm shake once more, wishing it would stop. The grip around my hands tighten. "Kat, you can do this."

"I'm scared. I am so scared." I start to cry.

"Its just tea, once step-" Sam starts but I cut him off.

"No it's not the damn tea!" I shout dropping the mug, surprisingly it did not shatter. "I am scared of me. What I am! What I am supposed to be." I get up and start pacing, the boys just stand there. "You saw what happened at the motel! You saw what happened in the basement! Hell, my only friend is my damn dog that can turn freaking human!" I shout but cover my mouth. I just told them about Hunter. Hunter whines from the glare Dean and Sam are giving him.

"Hunter can what?" Sam asks calmly. I look at hunter and nod, telling him to change. He morphs and he looks slightly different. His hair was still dark and shaggy, a collar wrapping around his neck. His denim jacket is dirtier and his tank top was a white and covered in dirt. His jeans were more worn than before and his eyes were still the same. Dean and Sam both lifted their guns up, so I umped in front of Hunter, Protecting him.

"Don't shoot him." I growl.

"The Hell is this!" Dean shouts, overwhelmed by the past events.

"I am Katarina's Familiar, we have a bond. I protect her from as much as possible." Hunter stated. 

"Why do you have a familiar?" Sam asked, lowing his gun slightly.

"Because she is a powerful witch." Hunter stated, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I smack my forehead. The boys lower their weapons in shock.

"Kat, so the woman was right?" Sam asked, Dean glaring at him. 

"What woman?!" Dean shouted, he was so lost.

"Yeah she was Sam." I tell him, ignoring Dean. Sam grins slightly.

"Well Dean, looks like we got a Savoir of the Coven for a sister." He jokes. Dean puts his gun away and starts pacing.

"You got Magically crap and Sammy here is having visions.....could our timing be any better." Dean groans.

"It would have been sooner, but the pills were holding her powers back." Hunter states. We all freeze and look at him. "The pills were enchanted, to hold back magical beings. Katarina has not shown her full power."

"So the little stuff we saw...." 

"Is just a glimpse." We all sit down in shock. The crap I did was pretty damn loud, but it was only the start?

"What do we do? Dad can't find out." Sam stated.

"I'm pretty sure he knows Sam." I say, thinking of the motel and the pills. Silence fills the room, Hunter lays down and puts his head in my lap. I stroke his hair, due to the fact I did it when he was a dog.

"Hunter, can you teach her how to control it?" Dean asks softly. Hunter sits up and faces Dean.

"Not fully, but I can try and keep it at bay. It seems her emotions trigger her power." 

"So what now?" I ask.

"Do the same thing we have been doing." Dean says as he stands up.

"Killin' as much evil sons of bitches we can find."