Chapter Sixty One: Amateurs

The ride there was silent, Hunter was in dog form and sit up staring at Dean. Dean was definitely guilty looking. Sam didn't even try to talk to me, because he knew I was not up for it.  We pulled up to the house, and the vibe was uncomfortable.  We walk up the dirty path and the creepiness increased. It was older looking, seem to be falling apart. It was foggy around the old house. Our feet squished in the mud, and Hunter was on edge ready to pounce.

"Can't say I blame the kid." Sam says. I told them what happened it the music store to catch them up.

"Yeah, so much for curb appeal." Dean jokes. We start looking around and Dean has the EMF. Hunter sniffs around trying to feel for anything. I just got a chilling vibe, like nails to a chalkboard. I hear the EMF go off and Dean banging on it.

"Hitting it isn't gonna help." I tell Dean. He rolls his eyes and Sam walks over.

"You got something?" He asks.

" Ye-ah. The EMFs no good." Dean says with defeat.

"Why?"

"Cause he probably broke it." I tell Sam, I was still in a hostile mood. Dean ignores me and gestures to the power lines.

"I think that thing's still got a little juice in it. It's screwing with all the readings." Dean tells him, making him sigh.

"Yeah that'd do it." He says.

"Yeah. Come on, let's go." Dean says and we enter the house. The house was empty it seemed but I felt something. Hunter did to cause his tail was in between his legs. We walk into the other room and I see candles on the mantel, with a symbol spray painted on top. 

" Looks like old man Murdock was a bit of a tagger here in his time." Dean comments. I brush my fingers over it and it shocks me. I yelp in response and Dean comes over quickly. "You okay."

"I'm fine." And rip myself from his grip. I was still pissed at him. I look around to see more symbols.

"And after his time too. That reverse cross has been used by Satanists for centuries but this sigil of sulfur didn't show up in San Francisco until the '60s." Sam informs us, trying not to get into the fight we were having. Dean looked at him and shakes his head.

"That is exactly why you never get laid." Dean says, I try not to laugh. Sam takes a photo of the symbols and rolls his eyes at Dean. He walks over to another symbol.

I didn't recognize it but it seemed like Dean did

"Hey what about this one, you seen this one before?" Dean asks Sam. Sam looks and shrugs his shoulders. Dean tilts his head to see it at different angles.

"No." Then Sam looks at me. "Have you?"

"I don't think so."

"I have. Somewhere." Dean says, staring at the symbol. I walk over and touch the symbol, my hands burn but it leaves residue on my fingers.

"It's paint. Seems pretty fresh too." I tell them.

"I don't know Guys. You know I hate to agree with authority figures of any kind, but ... the cops may be right about this one." Dean tells us.

"Yeah, maybe."

"No they aren't I feel it." I say. Before they can protest a bang comes from the other side of the room. WE all look over and Hunter growls. Dean leads as we approach either side of the door. I stand in front with Hunter, ready to go. Dean nods at Sam to make the move. We open the door and charge, only to have lights shine in our eyes. It is two guys, both in gear of some sort and one holding a camera.

"Oh, cut. It's just a coupla humans." The guy with the short hair says as he turns off the giant light. They both sigh in disappointment. "What are you guys doing here?"

"What they hell are you doing here?" Dean countered. I move next to both of them to get a better look.

"Ah-ha-ha. We belong here, we're professionals?" The glasses guy says. I saw where this was going.

"Professional what?" Dean asks, still confused.

"Paranormal Investigators." He hands us business cards. "There you go, take a look at that, boys. and my numbers on the back for you Miss." HE winks at me and I feel the bile in my throat.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me." Dean groans.

"Ed Zeddmore and Harry Spangler? Hellhoundslair.com. You guys run that website." Sam asks. I glare at him. This was the website we had gotten the case off of.

"Yeah." Glasses says. I wasn't sure who was who.

"Oh yeah, yeah, we're huge fans." Dean says sarcastically.

"And ahh, we know who you guys are too." Glasses said. We all look at each other and freeze.

"Oh yeah?" Sam said.

"Amateurs." Dean rolls his eyes. "Looking for ghosts and cheap thrills, dragging young dames in the process." Hunter starts to growl at him, and was ready to pounce.

"Satis." (Enough.) I snap at Hunter. He sits and waits for more orders.

"I like a woman who can give orders." Glasses says winking at me.

"How about one that can kick your ass?" I say and head over, but Sam pulls me away.

"So if you guys don't mind, we're trying to conduct a serious scientific investigation here." Short hairs said.

"Yeah, what have you got so far?" Dean asks, playing along.

"Harry, why doncha tell 'em about EMF?" Glasses-I mean Ed- says to Harry.

"EMF?" Sam says, trying to play dumb. It was killing me.

"Electromagnetic field? Spectral entities can cause energy fluctuations that can be read with an EMF detector. Like this bad boy right here." Harry shows us his reader and turns it on. 

"Sounds very scientific." I say, trying not to kill anyone in the process.

"Oh it is." Ed winks at me.

"Whoa. Whoa. It's 2.8mg." Harry says with shock. Dean trys so hard not to laugh.

"2.8. It's hot in here."

"Wow." Sam says trying to act impressed.

"Huh. So you guys ever really seen a ghost before, or..." I ask while crossing my arms.

"Once. We were, uh...we were investigating this old house and we saw a vase fall right off the table..." Ed said.

"By itself." Harry chimes in.

"Well, we, we we we didn't actually see it, we heard it. And something like that...it uh...it changes you." Ed stammers. I walk over to Sam and put my head on his back shaking my head. This was ridiculous.

"Yeah. I think I get the picture. We should go, let them get back to work." Dean says.

"Yeah, you should." Ed agreed.

"Sam, Kat." Dean says and motions us to leave. As I past Ed I get close to his ear and whisper.

"You wreak of pot." I say with as sexy tone and leave him with that.

==========================================

I am sooo sorry I have not posted in awhile. I have been working on my Avengers Stories recently. I promise more updates!!!!

-Charlie.