Chapter Nineteen: New Image

Me and Sammy have been waiting outside a Copy Jack, for an hour. Dean went in. I was sitting on top of the Impala, the very top. Sam was leaning against the passenger car door. I got bored again and started playing with his hair. 

"Kat, what are you doing?" Sam chuckles as he fixes his messy hair.

"I'm just bored Sammy." He rolled his eyes, he hated it when we called him that.

"You know Dean will get pissed that you are up there." 

"Nah, he likes me too much." I grin, and then I see Dean walking out the door and flirting with a girl walking in. Typical Dean. "You've been in there forever." I groan as he gets closer to the car. He holds up Three IDs.

"You can't rush perfection. And what are you doing up on my car?" Dean said, giving me the look. I roll my eyes and jump down to see my new cover.

"Homeland Security?" Sam asks, He takes his and examines it. "That's pretty illegal, even for us." I take mine and chuckle.

"Yeah, well, it's something new. You know? People haven't seen it a thousand times." Dean says then motions us to get in the car. I still am looking at my ID. The name makes me laugh.

"Really Dee?"

"What?"

"Agent Dorothea Hurley?" I chuckle. Sam doesn't get it which makes it funnier.

"What? I know you like the back of my hand Kat, I figured it was a good name."

"Anyone want to fill me in?" Sam asked sarcastically.

"Dorothea Hurley is Jon Bon Jovi's wife." I laugh. Sam rolls his eyes.

"All right, so, what do you got?" Dean asks us, changing the subject.

"Well, there's definitely EVP on the cockpit voice recorder." Sam points out.

"Yeah?" Dean says.

"Listen." Sam plays the copy I had edited. I pulled out the scratchy voice in the back round.

"No survivors!" It said horsely.

""No survivors"? What's that supposed to mean? There were seven survivors." Dean says, utterly confused.

"Got me." Sam says, out of Ideas.

"So, what are you two thinking? A haunted flight?"

"There's a long history of spirits and death omens on planes and ships, like phantom travelers." I point out.

"Or remember flight 401?" Sam starts.

"Right. The one that crashed, the airline salvaged some of its parts, put it in other planes, then the spirit of the pilot and copilot haunted those flights."

"Right."

" Well, Maybe we got a similar deal." I say as I lean closer from the back.

"All right, so, survivors, which one do you want to talk to first?" Dean asks, looking at Sam.

"Third on the list: Max Jaffey."

"Why?" I ask.

"Well, for one, he's from around here. And two, if anyone saw anything weird, he did." Sam replied. Dean started the car, but continued to ask questions.

"What makes you say that?" Dean asks as he pulls on to the main road.

"Well, I spoke to his mother. And she told me where to find him." Sam said.

"Which would be....." 

"Mental Hospital."

----------------------------------------------------------------