Chapter Twenty-Eight: Old Memories

We pull up to their old house, tension fills the car. Last time Dean was here, He saw his mother being burned alive. The way it must have affected Dean, I couldn't imagine.

"You gonna be all right, man?" Sam asks Dean. 

"Let me get back to you on that." We all get out. I take Hunter out. Dean didn't love having a dog in the car, but he delt with it. "You sure you are good on your own?" He asks me. 

"Yeah, This is something you boys need to do without me. I will be fine, Im just gonna take him for a walk." They nod and head to the big house. Me and Hunter walk down the street. It was a homey town. It seemed like everyone knew each other here. I wonder what would happen if The boys still lived here. Dean could be a mechanic, Sam would be a Lawyer, maybe get married have some kids. They could be happy for once. Maybe Sam would get a dog and Dean would own a strip club. I giggle at the Idea. I head back to the car and The boys come out and silence fills the car.

=========================

 " We just gotta chill out, that's all. You know, if this was any other kind of job, what would we do?" Dean told Sam. We were at a Gas station and Sam wanted to got head first into the case.

"We'd try to figure out what we were dealin' with. We'd dig into the history of the house." Sam sighed.

" Exactly, except this time, we already know what happened."

"Yeah, but how much do we know? I mean, how much do you actually remember?"

"About that night, you mean?" Dean asked and Sam nodded. It was a large pause. Dean sighed before speaking again. "Not much. I remember the fire...the heat............And then I carried you out the front door." Sam looks shocked.

"You did?"

"Yeah, what, you never knew that?" Dean chuckled. Sam shook his head. "And, well, you know Dad's story as well as I do. Mom was....was on the ceiling. And whatever put her there was long gone by the time Dad found her." My heart dropped as I heard the story. I never brought up Mary. I would get snapped at if I did. I could hear the sorrow in Dean's voice.

"And he never had a theory about what did it?" Sam asked.

"If he did, he kept it to himself. God knows we asked him enough times." Dean said.

"Okay. So, if we're gonna figure out what's goin' on now...we have to figure out what happened back then. And see if it's the same thing."

"Yeah. We'll talk to Dad's friends, neighbors, people who were there at the time." Silence filled the car.

"Does this feel like just another job to you?" Sam asked and faced Dean, he looked out the window.

"I'll be right back. I gotta go to the bathroom." Dean says before getting out. Sam goes to Dad's Journal. I get out of the car and head to the bathroom, worried for Dean. I hear him talking.

"..........But I'm with Sam. And we're in Lawrence. And there's somethin' in our old house. I don't know if it's the thing that killed Mom or not, but.......I don't know what to do." He starts to cry. "So, whatever you're doin', if you could get here. Please. I need your help, Dad." He hangs up and I go over to him. He look at me surprised. I hug him and he cries into my shoulder. Dean never does this but I would be hear for him. This was so hard for him. 

=======================

Sam was searching the Phonebook. I was in the front with Dean waiting.

"All right, so there are a few psychics and palm readers in town. There's someone named El Divino. There's, uh –" He starts to chuckle. "—there's the Mysterious Mister Fortinsky. Uh, Missouri Moseley—"

" Wait, wait. Missouri Moseley?" Dean cuts him off and asks.

"What?"

"That's a psychic?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I guess so." Dean reaches in the back and pulls out the Journal. He looks through and finds the page.

"In Dad's journal...here, look at this" He points to the top of the page.

"I went to Missouri and I learned the truth." I read out loud.

"I always thought he meant the state." Dean said while shrugging. Sam gets in and we head to the Psychic for awnsers.

============

Has anyone figured out what is with Kat? Comment if you think you know ;) 

Thanks For reading!!!

~Charlie