Chapter Sixty-Nine: History Lesson

As daylight rose, the five of us finally found a sit down spot. It was time to observe and learn as John called it. We were in a swarm of leafless trees and branches. Our eyes were set on the large barn with multiple cars sitting out front.

A man emerged from one of the cars. It was beaten up and rusty. The man had a dark colored vest on, with shaggy hair. He seemed to be in a rush. Hunter flinched as the barn door opened, letting out a squeak. There was another man. He wore a grey t-shirt with green dragons. He seemed to be the leader. Both hurried inside as if they were late for something.

"Son of a bitch." Dean muttered. "So they're really not afraid of the sun?"

"No, Direct sunlight hurts like a nasty sunburn." John explained.

"It is convent it is cloudy out today." I said.

"Katarina, want to tell the class about what you learned?" John egged on. I rolled my eyes and turned to the boys.

"You want them dead? Great, you got to cut the head off. Only way." I told them. 

"They sleep during the day, but it doesn't mean they won't wake up." John added.

"So I guess walking right in's not our best option." Dean said. 

"If only." I sighed.

"Actually, that's the plan." John said, catching us all off guard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We all went back to the cars to load up. John's hunting panel was automatic, with designed slots for each things. The Impala was a makeshift and was a bit of a mess. The boys and I strapped on our machetes and even had two left, one for Hunter and one for John.

"Dad, I've got an extra machete if you need one." Dean offered. John then pulls out a large blade, one side is serrated and it is clean and beautiful. He was showing off.

"Think I'm okay, Thanks." John said. Dean just stared at it in awe.

"Wow." Was all he could say.

"Hunter, you up for this?" I ask him in a whisper, not wanting John to begin bashing on him.

"Yeah, besides. This is in my name isn't it?" Hunter said with a smiled. Then John made a large sigh. 

"So...you boys really want to know about this colt?" John asked them, knowing I had a general Idea of it. It took them a second to respond, just because they were already treading on thin ice with him.

"Yes, sir." Sammy said. It was scary how much it was normal for him to say that to his own father.

"It's Just a story...A legend, really." John began. "Well, I thought it was. Never Really believed it until I read Daniel's Letter. You remeber it Katarina?"

"Back In 1835, when Halley's comet was over head, the same night all those men died at the Alamo, They say Samuel Colt made a gun...A special gun." I explained. "It is made for hunters like us. Only 13 bullets were made. Half a dozen were used before he and the gun disappeared."

"Somehow, Daniel got his hands on it." John added. "They say that this gun can kill anything."

"Kill anything, like supernatural anything?" Dean asked.

"Like the demon." Sam said, putting all the pieces together.

"It is true, it is no legend." Hunter told us. "It is very real, I just assumed it got lost in history."

"Ever since I picked up its trail, I've been looking for a way to destroy that thing." John said. "Find the gun...we may have it."

Both boys looked different. Sam looked like he finally was ready. He became stone, and that feeling Sammy was gone. Dean looked scared to be honest. The Demon took a lot away from him, and now that we may find something to kill it with, it adds a higher risk.

But maybe, just maybe we can finally end this fight.

I am so sorry for such a late update.

I got a Concussion, then my mom got heavy duty surgery.Then I started to fall behind in school. I am trying guys I really am. Please don't be mad at slow updates.Please stop the hurtful private messages too.

I work five days a week and got to college.Please understand.~Charlie