Chapter Thirty: The Struggle

"All Right, we got Missouri and her bags. Lets get this show on the road." Dean says with a smirk.

"We will finish here, why don't you and your sister pack up what we have." Missouri said with a smile and sent me the "talk to him" look. She's not wrong, I need to tell Dean what is going on but I saw how he acted when Sam talked about his visions. He was overwhelmed, and I son't want to put more on that.

"Kat, you grab those bags and I got the others." Dean ordered . Like a good solider, I grabbed the duffels and followed him. WE threw the bags into the trunk and Dean slammed it shut. I go to turn and head back but a hand stops me. "Kat..." I turn and see his apple green eyes squinting as he thought.

"What Dean?" I ask, hoping not to come off too bitchy.

"Whats up with you? You have been weird since the demon case. I mean, you changed your hair, you stopped talking. Dude, you don't even jam to Bon Jovi that much anymore, whats going on?" He asks with concern. There was no way I could tell him what was really on my mind, so I figured I had to think fast.

"It's nothing. I am just concerned for you guys. This hits home, literally." Dean sighs and shakes his head, I was praying that He bought it. And it isn't like I was not concerned. I knew this was hard for the both of them, especially Dean.

"You know, I think Mom would have liked you." He chuckles, my face lights up.

"Really?" I never knew a mother's love. Neither did Sam, but he then found love. I have never had a mother's comfort and that is probably why I am so shallow. The only female love I have gotten is with El, and I never see her anymore. But the fact The Winchester Mother, would care for someone like me, IT blew my mind.

"Yeah, she would have loved the fact you don't take crap from no one." He smirked. It made me smile, the fact he could talk about his mom without tears. It takes a lot. "Come on, lets go get the magic twins."

==================================

" Look, I'm not sure I'm comfortable leaving you guys here alone." Jenny said as Missouri. She both of her kids in her hands.

"Just take your kids to the movies or somethin', and it'll be over by the time you get back." I heard Missouri say as I enter the house. Me and Dean were in the kitchen while Sam was upstairs and Missouri had the basement. Dean had a small axe and he was putting holes into the wall. I was using my feet, luckily I decided to wear my steel toed shoes. I put the little magic bags into the hole I created. Then I hear a noise from above, so I turn my head and a knife launches at me.

"DEAN!" I yell as I duck. He turns and a knife launches at him too. He ducks and the knife goes straight into the wall. He flips the table and I roll next to him. I hold the table by putting my hands on the back. More Knives come flying through. I feel a sharp pain in my hand and liquid flowing through. I move my hand back and see a giant gash in my hand. Then a boom comes from upstairs.

"Sam!" Dean yells and runs upstairs. I sit and grab the towel next to me. I hold it against the gushing hole in my hand. Then everything stops. I sigh in relief. Sam, Dean and Missouri come to the kitchen. I was leaning against the wall and looked around the kitchen was a mess, it was covered with food and knives and just pure chaos.

"Kat, you okay sweetheart?" Missouri asks, then notices the red stained towel around my hand.

"Yeah, I am fine."

"You are bleeding!" She gasps, this sends the boys in full panic mode. Sam bends down to examine my head, but I notice red marks around his neck.

"Sam, what happened?" I say as my fingertips grazed the lines.

"Lamp, what happened to you hand?"

"Knife." I chuckle. Sam helps me stand up and we look around at the mess.

"You sure this is over?" Sam asked.

"I'm sure. Why? Why do you ask?" Missouri says as she feels the house around.

"Never mind." He sighs and looks around again. "It's nothin', I guess." Then we hear the door open.

"Hello? We're home." Jenny calls, she comes into the kitchen. Her face falls into concern.

"Hi, sorry. Um, we'll pay for all of this." I tell her, I feel Dean's gaze on me.

"Don't you worry. Dean's gonna clean up this mess." Missouri said, I look at Dean. He has a face of confusion. "Well, what are you waiting for, boy? Get the mop." Missouri orders. He starts to turn away. "And don't cuss at me!" I hold in a laugh as he mutters something and starts cleaning. I help him, to get it done in half the time. Sadly I could only do it with one hand. After we clean up, We drop Missouri home and while she goes in, Dean cleans my hand.

"Damn this is deep." He sighs as he pours the whisky on my hand. The burn engulfs my hand. I take the bottle and chug a bit before the needle goes in.

"That's me for ya." I chuckle as he stitches my hand. Dean starts to wrap my hand in gauze. It starts to turn red, so he puts more on.

"Stop trying to get yourself killed for once?" Dean asks. 

"I'll think about it." I smirk. I get into the back and Hunter puts his head on my lap.

"Alright, where to next." Dean asks as the Impala roars.

"Back to the house." Sam says bluntly. We look at him.

"What?" I ask.

"Just go back, trust me." Sam pleaded. Dean sighed and headed back to their old home.