Chapter Sixty: Not holding back

That's Hunter above.

Guys we made it to Sixty, hot damn. I love you all. ~Charlie

I woke up in a bed. I jump and I look around. Hunter sat at the table with waffles on the Table. He saw me and smiled.

"Good, you're awake." He says. He walks over and hands me a coffee.

"Where are we?" I ask him as I take the coffee.

"After you fell asleep, I took us to a motel that was close. I got you some stuff too." He said and brought me to the table. There was fresh waffles with apple juice, and a brand new laptop with some lore books on top of it. I smile widely. 

"Hunter....thank you." I breath out.

"Eat up. We got work to do." He said as he puled out my chair. I sat and dug into the waffles. He sat across from me and drank some water.

"Okay, I'm not letting what happened last night stop us." I say as I swallow my mouth full of awesome Waffles. "We have to get in front of them."

"Okay, what do you suggest?" He asks.

"We need to talk to the person that originally took them there." I say. I pull out the laptop that He got me. It had stickers on it which made me smile. I'm a child. I look up the original person and find the name. "Craig Thurston. He works at a music store, you up for it?" I ask with a grin.

"Is that even a question?" He says with a smirk. "The bike is still there."

"Well, lets go." I says and grab my jacket.

======================================

We enter the music store. It had vinals around it. Hunter started examining them while I went to the front. There was a kid. He had a black and white coat on with a collared shirt underneath. He had short hair and pointy ears. HE saw me and gave me a kind smile.

"Hello Miss. Can I help you with anything?" He asks.

"Yeah, are you Craig Thurston?" I ask.

"I am." He says with confidence.

"Hi, Me and my friend reporters with the Dallas Morning News. I'm Kat, over there is Hunter." I say as I put my hand out and he shakes it.

"No way. Well I'm writer too. I write for my school's lit magazine."

"That's awesome." I say with a smile. "Keep going and maybe you be like me."

"So what can I help you with?" He asks.

"We're doing an article on local hauntings and rumor has it you might know of one." 

"You mean the Hell House?" He asks with surprise.

"Yup."

"I didn't think there was anything to the story." He says as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Why don't you tell me the story. I will deiced if there is or not." I say, hoping he will take it.

"Well, supposedly back in the '30s this farmer, Mordachai Murdoch, used to live in this house with his six daughters. It was during the Depression, his crops were failing, he didn't have enough money to feed his own children. So I guess that's when he went off the deep end."

"How?" Hunter asks. I jump slightly not realizing he was behind me.

"Well, he figured it was best if his girls died quick, rather than starve to death. So he attacked them. They screamed, begged for him to stop but he just strung 'em up, one after the other. And when he was all finished he just turned around and hung himself. Now they say that his spirit is trapped in the house forever, stringing up any other girl that goes inside."

"Where'd you hear all this?" Hunter asks him.

"My cousin Dana told me. I don't know where she heard it from. Ya gotta realize, I -- I didn't believe this for a second." He says, trying to defend himself.

"But now you do." I say.

"I don't know what the hell to think, man. You guys, I--I'll tell you exactly what I told the police, ok? That girl was real. And she was dead. This was not a prank. I swear to God, I don't wanna go anywhere near that house ever again, ok?" He says.

"Thanks Craig. Keep writing okay." I say and he smiles and goes back to work. Me and Hunter exit the place, only to have a 1967 Black Chevy Impala pull up in front of us. First person out is Sam. He walks over and hugs me tight.

"Sam..Lungs." I say he lets go and mumbles a sorry. I look to the car and there is guilty looking Dean. He started walking towards me, and Sam pulled Hunter away so we could have a minute.

"Dean." I say as I cross my arms, standing my ground.

"Kat." He says. "Listen, I didn't-"

"Don't Dean. You did mean it. Thats why I left." I tell him after cutting him off.

"No Kat, I didn't." He protests. "This is just a lot to handle right now and I guess I handled wrong."

"Really? I hand no clue." I say sarcastically. "Dean, do you think I am handling this well? Only thing that was keeping me going was you two. Then you threw me to the wolves. Hunter picked me up and glued me back." The guilt rose to in his body. I could feel it.

"Come back please. I'm sorry, just come back. I will even let you drive." He says. I chuckle slightly.

"Fine, but I am still pissed at you." I say. I look and Sam and Hunter are having a conversation which gave me hope. At least someone was embracing this.

"I can work with that. Can I give you a hug?" He asks sheepishly.

"I guess." I say then Dean hugged me tightly, almost as if he was afraid to let go. I hug him back lightly, still feeling the betrayal and hurt from everything. I could work with this I guess.

Besides I still have pranks to pull.