Chapter Twenty-Five: Aftermath

"KAT!" I heard someone yell in my face. I open slightly and my vison is blurry. I make out two faces, both male. "Kat?! Can you hear me?" The voice yelled. I pull in to focus to see Dee and Sammy.

"Hi boys, we gotta stop meeting like this." I chuckle. Dean helps me up and I trip and fall into his arms, he tries to keep me steady.

"Woah, you okay there Kat?" Sammy joked. I stuck my tongue out like a kid then rubbed my temples, my head was throbbing.

"The hell happened? And where is everyone?" I looked around and the asile of the plane were empty, Amanda was no where in sight and neither was the Pilot.

"You don't remember?" Sam asks.

"I remember it yelling at you and me punching it. After that it is all blank." I said. The brother looked at each other. "What? Did I do something?" Sam looked at Dean then me and shook his head with a grin.

"No, I finished the incantation and Dean freaked out on the plane." I giggled. Dean helped me get out of the plane, with Sammy right behind us. As we walked to the exit, Sam was lagging behind us. He must have been thinking about the thing the Demon said about Jess. I stop and Sam walks right into me. I hug him and whisper in his ear.

"Sam, these things, they read minds. They lie. Don't blame yourself, we are here for you." I kiss his cheek and leave him be, letting what I said sink in.

---------------------------------------------------

"Nobody knows what you guys did, but I do. A lot of people could have been killed." Jerry says as He shakes the boys hands. I put out my hand, but he pulls me in for a hug. I hug him back, and feel his joy of saving people once again. "Your dad's gonna be real proud." I look at Sam, he has a small grin on his face.

"We'll see you around, Jerry." Sam says and we start to leave, but a question lingers that has been bugging me since we got here.

"Hey, Jerry?"

"Yes, Kat."

"How did you get Dean's cellphone number, anyway? He has only had it for what, five or six months."

"Your dad gave it to me." We all freeze.

"What?" Sam says with a small gasp.

"When did you talk to him?" Dean asked, we have been trying to contact Dad for the longest time.

"I mean, I didn't exactly talk to him, but I called his number. His voice message said to give you a call. Thanks again, guys." He leaves, leaving us to ponder what we heard before heading back to the Impala. We get outside, and a plane brushes over us, roaring with the engine.

"This doesn't make any sense, man. I've called Dad's number like fifty times. It's been out of service." Sam says. Dean takes out his phone and dials a number then puts it on speaker for all of us to hear.

This is John Winchester. I can't be reached. If this is an emergency, call my son, Dean. 785-555-0179. Him and his sister Kat can help.

Dean hangs up and Sam is pissed. We needed Dad and this was a final straw for Sam. He stomped over to the car and slammed the door shut. He wanted to be alone, so much that he sat in the back. I climb into the car. The seats so pushed back by their long legs that I can't touch the front. He starts it the Impala, letting it roar. I grab the Tape me and Dean would listen to, that would let us have fun for a bit.

Wanna tell you a story,
About the house-man blues
I come home one Friday,
Had to tell the landlady I done lost my job
She said that don't confront me,
Long as I get my money next Friday
Now next Friday come I didn't get the rent,
And out the door I went

I move closer to Dean and start to pretend sing in his face. Sam chuckles behind me and I turn around to face him.

So I go in my room, pack up my things and I go,
I slip on out the back door and down the streets I go
She a-howlin' about the front rent, she'll be lucky to get any back rent,
She ain't gonna get none of it
So I stop in the local bar you know people,
I go to the bar, I ring my coat, I call the bartender
Said "Look man, come down here", he got down there
So what you want?

I look at Dean and he starts to sing the song with me, both yelling the words ot hitting a single note.

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer
Well I ain't seen my baby since I don't know when,
I've been drinking bourbon, whiskey, scotch and gin
Gonna get high man, I'm gonna get loose,
Need me a triple shot of that juice
Gonna get drunk, don't you have no fear
I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer
One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

I start to Dance in my seat and Sam start to laugh harder and he joins in.

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer
No, I ain't seen my baby since the night before last,
Gotta get a drink man, I'm gonna get gassed
Gonna get high man, I ain't had enough,
Need me a triple shot of that stuff
Gonna get drunk, won't you listen right here,
I want one bourbon, one shot and one beer
One bourbon, one scotch, one bee
r

We road the rest of the way in smiles and singing songs to forget our troubles.

=====================

Holy Shit, over 200 reads?!?! You guys are awesome. Thanks for reading!

-Charlie