Chapter Ten: Heartbreak

I was walking in a dark hallway. I hear yelling. I open our hotel room door. There is Dad and Sam yelling while Sam is packing. Dean is trying to break up the fight.

"You choose this over your own family?!" Dad yells. Sam zips up the duffel bag and puts it on his shoulder.

"I am done with this. I want a chance! I want to be normal for once!" Sam screams and heads to the door, where I am standing.

"You walk out that door, don't think about coming back!" Dad screams. I look at Sam who stops then walks out the door. I start to cry.

"Sam!" I scream to him, trying to have him come back but he keeps walking, like nothing was behind him. "DON'T LEAVE ME! COME BACK PLEASE!"

Nothing....Darkness starts to fill the space around me.

"NO!"

(Third Person POV)

Dean and Sam open the motel room door, with a bag of waffles in Dean's hand. They went to a diner to get food but let Kat sleep in. The open the door to find Kat covered in sweat and tears, her eyes closed and her screaming. They run over to her, trying to wake her up. 

"Kat wake up!" Sam yells. Kat opens her eyes and runs to the other side of the room and grabs a knife. Her breathes a short, she was hyperventilating. 

"Who are you!" She yelled at Sam, the knife pointing at him. Dean was trying to get closer slowly.

"Kat, its me Sam..." Sam said softly, trying to break his little sister out of this trance.

"No...That can't be! Sam left! He isn't coming back!" She screamed, Her eyes were blood shot and tears rolled down her red cheeks. She was shaking, making her grip on the knife loose.

"Hey, Kat." Dean started. She pointed the knife at him. "Woah, Kat its me. Its Dean." She stared at him for what felt like hours before she lowered the knife from him to her stomach.

"I can't do this anymore." She whispered. Before she plunged the knife into her, Dean grabbed it and dropped it. He wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed into his chest. He shh her, trying to calm her down. 

"Hey, Kat, its okay, wake up." He said softly. Sam was kneeling to their level. He didn't understand. Kat closed her eyes and started to drift asleep again into Dean's arms. Dean stroked her hair, helping her fall asleep. 

"Dean, what was that?" Sam whispered, trying not to wake up the fragile sister.

"That is her nightmares getting better." Dean sighed. Sam wasn't aware, but Kat had these nightmares a lot. Dean was the only one to wake her up fully. It took a lot but he got it done. This created a strong bond between them. She never could live without Dean. That was her big brother, her protector, her best friend. Dean loved Kat so much. His little sister was always there to make him smile. He knew things could change with her around.

Sam sat there looking at Kat. She was asleep still. All he could think was 

Why is she having these?

What triggered them?

Was this me?

Him and Kat were inseaperateable as kids. They were close in age and some what in thought. They knew each other like the back of their hands. Sam would always make her smile and give her a taste of a normal life. He was the reason she was in school....most of the time. Sam loved being a big brother, and when he left and heard her screaming, it broke his heart. When he left he realized what day it was. Her birthday. The one day Sam always made a big deal about. He broke her on her birthday. Seeing how she changed in the two years apart hurt. She was less emotional, didn't care as much. Reckless. When she was drunk on the bridge, he didn't know what to do but take that bottle. When Dean told him what happened after, he didn't get it till now.

"I'm gonna pack up the stuff..." Sam whispered. He got up and started packing for the new case.

This is some back round on their relationships. I don't usually do Third Person, unless I want you to see the different angles of whats going on. Thanks for reading and sorry it was so short!

~Charlie