14: Broken Promises Part 2

Y/N's POV:

I mess with the promise ring Shawn gave me the day he left. It's been a year. He still hasn't come back. And I refuse to accept all the lies that the news, my parents, his parents, and social media is telling me.

"Y/N, honey. Shawn probably won't be back. A drunk driver hit the car he was in on the way back from one of his shows. If he wasn't in such a bad condition, he would make it. But he probably won't. We've been over this." Its all a lie. One day, Shawn'll come back. He has to. He promised me.

Tears fill my eyes as rage makes my blood boil. What if he had met another fan on the way out and stopped to take a picture? What if a string on his guitar broke on stage and they had to take the time to get him a new guitar really quickly? What if he got thirsty and stopped to take a drink? None of this would have happened. He wouldn't have fallen into this coma. He would be right beside me right now. And I wouldn't have broken my promise to him.

But I guess its only a domino effect.

I can't live with out the love of my life anymore. He wouldn't want to live without me.

But I have my family. The voice of reason that hasn't shown up in so long rings through my head. I wipe my snotty nose, and push myself off the bed. There is a knock on my door and I wipe my nose again before opening it. My mom is standing there with the home phone in her hand.

"It's for you." She hands the phone over to me. I reluctantly take it, and she simply just walks away, leaving me alone. That can't be good.

"Hello?" I speak into the receiver.

"Hello, Ms. Y/L/N? Its Melanie, Shawn's nurse. Good news! He is awake, and he wants to see you." She exclaims. My heart stops as I try to process what she just said. Shawn's awake. And he wants to see me.

"Okay, I'll be there in like two seconds." I choke out, my voice cracking. I quickly hang up the phone and burst out of my room, not caring about the fact that I probably just broke my lamp next to my door. Grabbing my keys off the hook by the garage door, I sprint out to my car.

Shawn's POV:

"Shawn?" Y/N's voice makes me open my eyes.

"Hi, baby girl! I told you I would come back. I never break my promises." I say, my voice raspy. She starts crying and pretty much runs into my room, falling onto my bed.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I-I thought you were gone, and I..."

"You didn't..."

"I'm sorry." She sobs. I reach over and flip over her arms to see new scars.

"Y/N... you swore." I reprimand. She nods, tears pouring down her cheeks. I swipe my thumb across her cheeks, wiping the tears away before taking both of her hands in mine.

She curls up next to me, and I adjust the breathing tube in my nose, then wrap my arms around her body. (A/N: Pictured above) She cries into my chest.

"I love you, princess." I mutter.

"I love you too, Shawn." She replies.

////////////
A/N:

Whats up, my lovlies? I hope you liked it! We are gonna go with the same goal as last time! 5 votes and 5 comments! Love you guys!