Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Lauren's POV

"Mommy, I don't want it like that you don't do it right." McKenzie fussed.

"Kenzie, baby I promise you it will taste the same." I told her placing the sandwich that was cut down the middle in front of her.

"It's suppose to be in triangles." She said folding her arms refusing to touch it.

"Baby please just eat it, I know I didn't do it right but I will next time okay." I said.

"No, do it like how daddy does it." She demands.

"It will taste exactly the same." I said pushing the plate a little closer to her.

She immediately pushed it away; it slid across the table and fell to the floor and the plate shattered.

I let out a frustrated breath and looked at my daughter. "McKenzie, why did you do that?" I yelled.

She sunk in her seat her bright eyes peering up at me sadly. "You didn't do it like daddy."

"I'm not your daddy Kenzie, your daddy isn't here anymore and I can't do anything about it!" I hollered not being able to hold my temper because I was so frustrated.

McKenzie has been like this for the past several days nothing I did was right and I was at my wits end. She has never been like this before but I knew it was because her father wasn't here. She worshipped her daddy he was perfect in her eyes and mine too so I got it, but it's easy to get frustrated when your emotions are all over the place. McKenzie was entitle to her feelings too and I wanted her to let them out anyway that she could but I couldn't handle it on top of my feelings.

"I want my daddy!" She screamed then ran away from the table Milo chasing after her.

I ran a frustrated hand through my hair; this was becoming overwhelming to me. I felt the familiar welling of tears in my eyes I didn't know what else to do, I have been trying but it's hard. Right now I felt like my daughter hated everything that I do and that hurt me, I felt that I would never be enough for her.

In the middle of my crying my phone started ringing, I wiped away my tears then got my cell off of the counter and looked at the caller ID it was my mom I really didn't feel like talking to her but if I didn't answer she would most likely harass me until I do. That or she would show up unannounced and I just didn't need that so I decided to answer and I put it on speaker to clean up the sandwich.

"Hey mom." I said as grabbing the broom and dustpan to clean up the mess my daughter made.

"Hey sweetie, how are you doing?"

Like I really needed to answer that.

"How do you think?" I said the aggravation apparent in my voice.

"Okay then how is Kenzie?" She asked.

"Mom her father died she's not okay, and I don't know what to do?" I was frustrated.

I swept the plate and sandwich into the dustpan then I dumped its contents into the trash.

"Do you want me to come over and help with her?" She suggested.

"That's the last thing I want, no offense." My mom can be over bearing which shades the fact that she's trying to help.

"I should come over if you're having a hard time." She insisted.

"It's just a bad day mom; I don't need you to come here today." I told her straight out.

"Are you sure?" She asked.