Chapter Forty-One

--I am so sorry for the late update, this chapter is a bit long.

Lauren's POV

Camila and I stayed in the hospital for a few days, Sinu pulled some strings and we were able to get a room together so the stay wasn't that bad.

Camila and I have been home for a few days and we still had to take it easy. The doctors told me to take it easy for a while but I could start to slowly go back to my routines in a week or so. It was a different story for Camila though since she went into preterm labor it's very possible that it could happen again, so she was placed on bed rest of the duration of her pregnancy. She was not happy about that at all and I totally get it because she has ten weeks left in her pregnancy.

"What are you doing?" I asked Camila.

We were in bed and she was going through her phone.

"Since I'm going to be out of commission for a while I have to find someone who will take my patients." She said not looking up from her phone.

"I know that this sucks for you." I sympathized.

She took a breath. "I'll suffer the boredom if it means that we have a healthy baby." She looked up at me to give me a smile.

I returned the smile. "I'll try my best to make it entertaining for you."

"Well you're still stuck in bed with me for a week or so, which I don't mind at all." She said with a grin.

I could hear the twins crying in the distant and it kills me that I can't take care of them right now. My parents were helping with the kids until I got better, and I was hoping that was soon because I needed to take care of them. Today my dad had to work so my mom needed help and she enlisted her friend Hannah.

I was somewhat familiar with this woman she was one of my mom's good friends but I never warmed up to her. I've seen her a lot when I was growing up and she just rubbed me the wrong way, so I wasn't too happy about her being in my house and handling my kids. She had two children of her own a son and a daughter, her daughter was my age and my mom thought we would grow up close but that wasn't the case at all. Hannah's daughter Olive was a bitch since we were little girls, and I begged my mom not to make me hang out with her. The one time we hung out when we were five she kept pulling my hair, I told her to stop but she kept doing it repeatedly. When she refused to stop I punched her right in the face, then she went crying to her mommy and I got in so much trouble. From then on whenever she would come over to our house I would just lock myself in my room or go to Camila's after we met.

As we got older she remained a little bitch and she would do little things to get under my skin. She never got a rise out of me so she eventually stopped but whenever I seen her she gave me the stank-eye, even still in our adulthood.

Anyway I wasn't a fan of the family and honestly didn't see what my mom sees in them but I kept my distance. Now that lady was in my house and around my kids, let's just hope that everything goes fine I really didn't need any more drama.

"Why don't you tell your mom to bring the babies in here?" Camila questioned.

I looked at her wondering why she asked me that.

"You make a face every time they cry; I know how you feel because I want to get out of this bed and run to them." She said.

I looked at her. "I would be fine if it was just my mom here, but that woman is here also." I voiced.

"Yeah I'm not too thrilled that she's here either, but your mom did need help we can't expect her to be able to handle everything." She conveyed.

"I know I'm glad that your mom's coming tomorrow." I told her.