Chapter Fourteen

Lauren's POV

It was lovely Sunday afternoon Camila and decided to lounge around today while we waited on my mother to bring the kids back. I swear that my mother dragged out the stay with my kids I only give her full weekends once in a blue moon so she milked it. But I really missed them so much it's so quiet I even missed the tapping of Milo's nails against the hardwood floors. I could tell that Camila missed them too.

I couldn't believe that there were parents who actually couldn't wait for their parents or anybody to take their children for the weekend. I wasn't like that at all I thought of my kids as a limb on my body they were a part of me.

Camila and I sat on the couch facing each other we did a lot of talking last night and making out because we know we won't be getting a lot of kisses when Kenzie gets back. Right now we were going back and forth seeing how well we knew each other.

"Okay, okay it's my turn." Camila said. "Would I rather watch TV or read a book?"

I rolled my eyes. "Camz, are you serious everyone knows that question. You would rather read a book."

She smiles. "I guess that was easy."

"What was the first thing I translated for you in English?" I asked her taking it way back.

She thought for a moment. "I went to the teacher and I kept saying puedo ir al baño por favor. That was the first thing that you translated for me."

"I really can't believe you remember that, that teacher was very dumb by the way, you kept crossing your legs and doing the 'I got to go' dance what in the hell did she think you were trying to say." I said laughing.

She laughed a little. "Thank god that you were there or I would have peed myself and been the laughing stock of the first grade."

"I wouldn't have allowed it even if you did pee yourself. It's your turn go."

"What is my most embarrassing moment as a child?" I asked.

This is difficult because I had to narrow it down to the most embarrassing when she has done plenty of embarrassing stuff in the past. Then just like that it came to me. "You're most embarrassing moment as a child just happens to be mine also. Was it 6th grade-yeah we were at your house in your room one day after school we were talking about what Scott Thomas asked us in school earlier. He asked us if we knew what sex was we were what eleven-twelve and we only knew the condense version that our parents taught us. So basically we had no idea what sex was. So he told us every graphic detail he knew about sex I mean this boy knew his stuff we were both grossed out by him of course, that boy watched too much porn. But when we got home from school you and I decided to talk about it and your mother overheard us she was aghast that we were talking about such things. So your mom called my mom then we all sat down for a very long in-depth and embarrassing talk with our mothers. That was fucking embarrassing." I said reliving the memory.

"It was I think it would have been less embarrassing if my mom had come to me later and talk to me, not bust us out like that. I hated that we had to sit through a sex ed talk with our moms." She scoffed at the memory I remember how uncomfortable she was.

"Remember how they showed us pictures of the different types of STIs and genital warts?" I asked her.

"A yeah, what about the condom demonstrations?"

I laughed so hard remembering Camila's mom sliding a condom down a cucumber. "No I think when my mom told me that she and dad still used protection because she refused to pop out another baby. Like why in the hell would she fucking tell us that, like we needed an insight on her sex life?" I couldn't stop laughing it was mortifying then but so funny now.