Chapter Twenty-Seven

Camila's POV

"You're such a big boy Malcolm." I said to the seven year old sitting on my examination table.

"So his arm is okay?" His mom asked.

I looked at her. "Yes, he just needs to take it easy. Once a bone is broken it's weakened and it can break again. Luckily he's young and has strong bones, but like I said he needs to take it easy for a couple weeks so his arm can be back to its full strength."

"Thank you." She said.

"No need to thank me." I told her then looked at Malcolm. "I bet you're happy to have that cast off your arm." I said to him.

"Yeah it was itchy, and mom said it's stinky." He shared.

I laughed. "Yeah they do start to smell after a while. Well we are all done here; I want you to take it easy on that arm Malcolm no lifting weights and arm wrestling." I joked and he laughed. "I'll see you guys another time." I said before walking out of the room.

I made my way to my office because I wasn't feeling very well today, once I got there I took a seat in my chair and leaned back in it just resting for a sec before my next patient.

I was sitting for a minute when my office door opened and to my shock revealed my wife the woman who was always the core of my thoughts, I was not expecting her at all.

I smiled seeing her. "This is a lovely surprise." I said to her as she walked over to me.

"Mom came by the studio and took Joey and Tatum for the day so I thought I'd come and see my beautiful wife." She said.

She was close to me so I pulled her arm so that she could sit on my lap, she took a seat and I wrapped my arms around her. "I'm glad you came by I missed you." I said smiling up at her.

She reciprocates the smile. "I missed you also." She said leaning down to kiss my lips.

I lift my hand to the back of her neck pulling her to me to deepen the kiss. Lauren broke the kiss only after a moment and she looks at me her eyes examined me.

"Is everything okay with you, are you feeling okay?" She asked.

"I don't feel all that great, I'm feeling a bit under the weather but not like I'm coming down with something it's just a little weird. I have never felt like this before." I explained.

"Maybe you're pregnant." She said.

I looked at her and shook my head. "I don't want to get my hopes up babe; I told you the chances of me getting pregnant on the first try are low."

"I know but you have no fertility issues you're perfect, everything went perfect." She said.

I smiled. "We will see."

"I think we're pregnant." She said leaning down kissing my lips.

Lauren and I started trying for a baby the week after our honeymoon; I got appointments I started taking medicine for ovulation so we had better chances of getting pregnant. Once everything checked out I was able to get inseminated and now it was just a waiting game. I had to wait four weeks before I was able to take the pregnancy test and I had a day or so before we found out.

"I really hope that we are." I said to her.

Lauren leans her head on mine and sighs. "I wish I was able to be around you all day, I know that sounds very clingy but I really love being around you."

"You have been clingy since we were kids Lauren I'm not exactly shocked about your statement. But I can honestly say that it has never bothered me once, I love your clinginess to me it makes me feel really good." I tell her honestly.