Chapter Three

--So here is my Christmas present  to you all I know that you all have been waiting for another chapter. So here you are I hope that you like it.

...

Lauren's POV

"Thank you so much for helping me with Kenzie's party today, Camz." She said.

Camila was helping me with the party favors, putting candy and toys in little bags.

"It is absolutely no problem Lauren, I already told you that." She said.

"I just can't believe she's four today it's not even real." I wanted to cry thinking about it.

"She did get here pretty fast." She said.

"She'll be starting preschool soon, she isn't a baby anymore." I said running my hand through my hair.

"She definitely isn't and she will tell you that." She laughed a bit.

I smiled thinking about my very independent daughter; I looked at Camila putting down one of the bags.

"I just wish David could see her grow up he should be here for all of this stuff you know." I said.

Camila nods. "Its natural you should feel that way Lauren, you had Kenzie with him you were planning on doing all these things with your husband. If you didn't think that way I would think that you're crazy or slipping into a blank depression, you're dealing with all of this very well."

I smile at her because she always knew what to say and if she didn't she would stay quiet, instead she would just give me a reassuring hug that spoke volumes.

Camila placed the last bag on the table. "Okay these are all done, what else." Camila says.

"That's it; we have the food, the decorations, the cake, the games, and the bouncy house. Everything is done and we still have an hour to spare."

Camila lifts her hand up to give me a high-five and I gave her one. "We make a great team."

"Always have." I stated.

Camila gives me a smile. "We should probably get the little one up from her nap and ready for the party."

"Yeah, I'll get her up can you take these in the back yard with the rest of the things." I asked pointing to the party favors.

"Sure thing." She said as she started placing them in a cardboard box to easily transfer them.

I left to go wake the birthday girl; I walked into Kenzie's room to see that my child was not in her bed. Okay so maybe she went to the bathroom she always has to go after a nap. I walked to my bathroom because that's the only one in the house that she would use even though she has her own bathroom. I walked into my room and I see that the door was cracked and the light was on, indication that she was in there. I could hear McKenzie singing the Doc McStuffins theme song she was so cute. I decided to put an end to her jam session because guest would be showing up in less than an hour. I pushed the bathroom door open and when my eyes landed on my daughter my jaw just hit the floor.

On the floor was a pile of hair cut in different lengths, in my daughters hand was a pair of scissors. I walked up to her quickly taking the scissors out of her hand. I placed them down on the sink and looked at Kenzie to assess the damage, it wasn't too bad it was salvageable but she cut a great deal of it, but it was reliving to see that she didn't cut the top or her bangs.

"Kenzie, why were you cutting all of your pretty hair off?" I asked her.

I wasn't mad that she cut her hair, it was her hair after all but she knew not to touch scissors she could have hurt herself they were very sharp.