Chapter Twenty-Two

Camila's POV

It was finally here the day I could go back to work I swear that this was the longest month ever. I have never just sat and did nothing I felt so useless and lazy and I hated that feeling.

I was in the bathroom I just woke up and slipped from beside Lauren who always got up about an hour later. I looked in the mirror and moved my hair so that I could look at the scar, it was completely healed but that scar would be there for the rest of my life. The hair in that spot was actually growing back my hair grew very fast so I knew it would be back to its length in no time.

I did my normal morning routine then I went to get dressed, I already had a nice blouse and a skirt already picked out. I was very anxious to get out of this house and finally work and be of use. Once I got dressed I looked at Lauren who was sound asleep and she was so beautiful, I walked over to her and smiled contently before putting a kiss on her forehead. She stirred a little and I saw a small smile on her face I caressed her cheek gently before leaving the room to wake up Kenzie to get her ready for school.

I walked in her room and she was snuggled up in bed gripping her stuffed cow Bell she doesn't carry her around much anymore but she has to sleep with it, and Milo was at the foot of her bed. I walked over to her bed and I crouched down and looked at her sleeping form.

"Wake up sweetie." I said rubbing her back.

She moves a little before her eyes blinked open she was the easiest kid to wake up I swear.

"Good morning baby girl." I said giving her a smile.

"Morning mama." She said sleepily.

"Come on get up, we have to get a move on."

I get up from my crouching position and Kenzie got out of bed and walked her sleepy form to the bathroom. She knew the routine and I'm glad that we didn't have to tell her what to do every morning. We do however do a checklist before she leaves to make sure she did everything.

"Get down Milo." I told him and he did.

I made up the bed while Kenzie was using the bathroom and brushing her teeth. After I was done with the bed I laid her clothes out for the day then I went in the bathroom to do Kenzie's hair.

I got in there just as she was rinsing with mouthwash after she spits it in the sink she looks at me and smiles her front two teeth were missing because she lost them about a week ago so it was weird seeing her without them.

"See mama, my teeth are all clean." She beamed up at me.

"They are very blinding I think I'm going to need some sunglasses." I joked.

She giggled.

I walked up to her. "So what do you want done to your hair?" I asked her.

"Just make me pretty mama." She said.

I smiled. "Okay."

I did her hair and when I knew she was satisfied she went to put her clothes on and I went to the kitchen to make her breakfast and fix her lunch.

I was so happy to get back into a routine I know a lot of people hated them but I think I needed them it made things run more efficiently.

Kenzie was eating her breakfast while I drunk my coffee then Lauren walked in the kitchen with Joey in tow and holding Tatum's hand.

I smiled at the sight of them. "Good morning." I said to them.

Tatum let go of Lauren's hand and walked over to me wanting me to pick her up and I did and I gave her a kiss on the cheek.