Chapter Eighteen

Lauren's POV

I held Camila's hand as we walked to the door I know that she was nervous but I can't help but feel that way too. I was opening up my home to a little girl I hadn't even laid eyes on and it was something to be nervous about. I also didn't know if she was going to like me or not, I was afraid I might not be what this little girl needs and she'll end up hating me.

"You ready Lo?" Camila said.

I looked up realizing that we were already at the front door I turn to look at Camila and nodded.

Camila let's go of my hand to open the door once it was open I see a woman in her late thirties holding the hand of a precious little girl holding a stuffed penguin. She was looking down I guess she was a little scare about meeting us which I don't blame her.

Her parents are responsible for that the little girl had no confidence, but it's okay because Camila and I were going to make right every wrong that was done to her

I was too busy staring at the little girl I didn't notice the caseworker holding out her hand to greet me.

"Oh I'm sorry." I said shaking her hand. "It's nice to see you again."

"Likewise." She said.

"Come in, please." Camila invites her in.

We both step aside while she and Tatum walked inside.

"So here is her bag." The caseworker said handing the bag to me and I take it. "Now just for clarification you are fostering-to-adopt right?" She said.

Camila and I looked at each other then back to her and nod.

"Okay, usually they would be kept in foster care for about a year to give any family members time to come forward to claim the child. But in her case it maybe a lot sooner both of her parents were brought up in the system so they don't have any family members. Now our goal is to find her a forever home to save her from anymore heartache down the line. In six months time if you're ready to adopt her we can start to process everything. If there are any problems or you feel like this is too much to handle just give me a call." She said.

"We will thank you for bringing her." Camila said.

She smiles. "Well it is my job, but I'm going to get going I don't like to linger." She gets down to Tatum's level. "Alright Tatum you are going to stay with these very nice ladies they are going to take really good care of you." She said before getting up again.

"I will see you guys around." She said heading toward the door.

I walked her out and when she left I locked the door behind her, she literally dropped her off and left is that really how it works. I placed Tatum's bag on a chair and walked back over to Camila and the child.

Camila was down to Tatum's level she didn't talk to her it just looked like Camila was observing her. Once I got to them I decided to get down on the small girls level to greet her properly.