Chapter 4

When they got back to the house, Amethyst surprisingly obtained an apology from Yelona. The snow-haired teen accepted it before her and Peridot headed back down to the basement to find Lapis and continue where they had left off.
When they got to the basement Lapis sat on the floor with a bunch of hair products. The mirror-eyed girl looked up to them upon noticing their arrival. She smiled to Amethyst "Hey Amie..." she started , oddly using a nick named she'd recently made up "You should let me and Peri braid your hair."
Amethyst gave Lapis a confused expression "Uhh, why?"
"Because it'll be fun and relaxing." Lapis replied
The purple-eyes girl let out a sigh "I usually don't like people touching my hair but, fine, I guess."
Lapis silently celebrated as Amethyst sat in front of her on the floor. She began to braid the white hair she was given the privilege to touch, Peridot helped. They took this time to get to know each other with a game of 'would  you rather'
It was Amethyst's turn to ask a question. "Um, Peridot.... Would you rather..." She thought a moment " be vegetarian for 2 months, or date an annoying chick for 6?"
Peridot answered nearly automatically "Easy. Date the girl for 6 months." She finished off a braid "Hey could you pass me a bunchie?"
"Same." Amethyst was confused "Bunchie?" She questioned
"Yeah there's a black one near your left hand..." The green-eyed one replied.
Amethyst looked around her hand and saw nothing but an elastic. "Do you mean a hair elastic?" She chuckled softly.
"Yeah that, a bunchie. Pass it to me."
Amethyst smiled "only if you call it by its real name." She teased
"It doesn't matter. I call it a hair bunchie." She was feeling a bit annoyed
"Now hand it over"
"Say hair elastic. Come on say it. E-las-tic! Say it."
"Uaagh! Fine! Give me the god-damn elastic!" Peridot's short temper got the best of her.
Her purple-eyed friend handed her the elastic with a snicker. "Short tempered are we?"
"Shush it, or I'll rip the hair out of your head."
"Please, don't. Jeez Peri I was only teasing, you don't have to take it to heart." Amethyst said
There was a long moment of science before Lapis spoke "Hey Peridot, it's you turn to would you rather someone."
"Oh right... Um Lapis, Would you rather never read another book again, or only be able to read the firsts few chapters of every book and never find out the endings."
Lapis contemplated it for a moment "well reading isn't fun if you never finish the book, so I guess.... I'd rather never read another book again."
They played the game for a long time until Amethysts hair was braided fully. Lapis had the last turn "Alright, last one... Its got to be a good one..." She thought "Amethyst. Would you rather, get back into you're past relationship with Pearl or.... Go on a date with Peri?" When Peridot heard the question her cheeks lit up in pink.
"Psshht." Amethysts started "That's real easy. I'd much rather date Peridot, than get back with Pearl. Pearl was no fun, Peri and I have much more in common." She stood up with a stretch "Well it's getting late, I'm gonna head home now. See ya tomorrow."
"Bye see you tomorrow." Lapis smiled and gave a small wave.
"Bye." Peridot waved as well as Amethyst went upstairs and left.
After she was gone Peridot looked to her blue haired friend "what even was that last question?"
Lapis shrugged "I don't know, I was looking for more of a reaction. Besides now I know you like her."
"I don't. Not beyond friendship. Why would you think that?"
Lapis smirked "I saw you blushing. Don't lie Peri. You want some of that."
Peridot's cheeks flushed red again "Sh-shut up! I do not!"
"Quit with the lies. You like her."
Peridot was quite for about two minutes "Well I suppose I do find her a bit.... Attractive."
Lapis smiled teasingly "I knew it!"
"Tell anyone and I'll end you!" The blonde threatened
--------------------------
The next day at school Amethyst brought Peridot and Lapis to sit with her, Garnet and Pearl. Pearl gave them an odd look but remained polite "Um, Amethyst, who are your friends?"
Amethyst spoke "this is Lapis and Peridot, they're pretty cool. They kept me company all yesterday." She shrugged and began eating her lunch
"Well it's nice to see you're meeting new people." Pearl replied.
Garnet nodded "So what did you do yesterday?"
Lapis spoke "We went over to Peri's. They played video games and I read."
Peridot butted in "Then my mom came home and ruined it."
"Yeah you're moms rude. She called me a slut. Not cool." Amethyst said a mouthful of food.
Pearl looked over "She called you a what?"
"You heard me. So yeah I told her off."
Lapis spoke again "then when Amie calmed down we braided her hair."
Garnet nodded "sounded like you three had a good time."
Amethyst spoke "Yeah we did. How'd your date go?"
Pearl smiled to Garnet as she remembered the great time she had the night before. "It went beautifully. Thanks again Garnet."
The afro'd teen smiled back and nodded her head once. It was her way of saying 'you're welcome'
The five of them continued on with their lunches unaware that they were being watched.
Jasper, Amethysts older sister noticed the two new people over at her little sisters table and was curious. Most of her attention was on the blonde haired nerd. Whoever she was, Jasper though she was cute. The jock had a thing for short nerdy girls. Jasper decided to go up and introduce herself.
"And yeah, that's how I managed to win a really cool RC airplane with one throw at the milk bottle game." Amethyst had just finished up an interesting story
"I'm pretty sure knocking the carny unconscious with a baseball and stealing the plane is cheating." Lapis pointed out before
"Hey sis, I didn't know you had friends!" A loud raspy voice said as a huge arm was slung around Amethysts shoulder. The arm belonged to an overly tall, overly buff Senior with vitiligo.
"Ugh, Jasper, what do you want?" Amethyst groaned.
The large teen stood to full height "I just wanna know who your girlfriends are. Is that to much to ask?"
The snow-haired girl sighed. "Well you already know Garnet and Pearl. So yeah, the one with the blue hair is Lapis, and the other one is Peridot." She rolled her eyes. "Can you leave now?"
"Nope." Jasper leaned on the table. "I think I'll stay here and have some fun with the cute little nerds" she chuckled and sent a wink to Peridot, who made a face of confusion and disgust.
Amethyst glared "well we're not up for your games. Now get lost!"
"Amethyst." Garnet cut in. "Would you like me to throw away your trash?" That was a code way to say 'I'll deal with her. Don't start a scene.'
Amethyst caught on "Oh? Yes. Please do. Thanks G."
Garnet stood and cracked her knuckles, in case she'd need to throw a few punches, before grabbing the collar of Jaspers shirt and dragging her away from the table. Jasper surprisingly didn't fight. She knew Garnet wasn't afraid to knock her teeth out.
Once Jasper was gone Amethyst apologized "Sorry guys. My sister can be really annoying."
"Oh it's okay. We understand." Lapis replied while Peridot was still trying to comprehend what the wink meant.