Chapter 9

The next day, just before last period, in the hallway, Amethyst had asked everyone what their plans for after school were. Pearl had to babysit Steven. Garnet was going to help Pearl. Peridot said she was free. Amethyst looked to Lapis hopefully. Lapis had to come up with an excuse. She new Amethyst wouldn't be happy to hear she was going to be hanging out with Jasper.
"I- uh... I have piano lessons tonight. Sorry." That was a shot in the dark. Hopefully Peridot didn't remember being told she'd quit her piano lessons, and if the blonde did remember, she'd keep her mouth shut.
"Aw. Whelp, seems like it's just me and Peri then." Amethyst shrugged and turned to look to her green-eyed friend. Peridot reddened slightly at the idea of being alone with her crush, but managed to stay calm and simply nod her head. Peridot's attraction to Amethyst had grown over the past few days, and now the smallest things caused her to noticeably blush.
Lapis sighed in relief that she was safe before the bell rang and they all hurried off the class.
--------------------------------
Pearl and Garnet arrived at Pearls new home after school. After tragedy that had left her alone had happened last year, a family friend had really helped her out by taking her into their home. As soon as they walked in the door a younger boy in a star shirt immediately ran up to them "Pearl! You're home! And you brought Garnet! Cool! Hey! Guess what happened at school today! C'mon guess!"
Pearl set her school bag on a chair as Garnet decided to start playing the guessing game with the boy. "Did a heard of dinosaurs parade through your classroom?" The tallest of the three asked.
The star-shirted boy shook his head "Nope, but that would've been totally awesome!" He looked to Pearl "what do you think happened Pearl?"
The pale teen finished pulling out her notebooks before pretending to be deep in thought "hmm. I don't know Steven. What happened at your school today?"
Steven was a little bit upset that pearl hadn't made a guess, but went on to tell them about a baking soda and vinegar volcano. He was in the 5th grade so to him that was a pretty cool experience.
A tall, slightly larger woman with long curly strawberry blonde hair came down from upstairs. She walked up to the two teen girls a smiled softly "Thanks for agreeing to watch Steven for a few hours. You don't understand how grateful I am." She said in her soft and soothing motherly voice.
Pearl smiled back "Anything for you Rose. It's the least I could do after all you've done for me."
They talked a few moments longer before Rose and her husband Greg left to go on a special date night.
----------------------------
Lapis and Jasper sat in Jasper and Amethysts Livingroom on the couch. They both simply stared at their phones. It was silent and kind of awkward until Jasper spoke "So uh... You hungry?" She looked to Lapis questionably.
"Yeah a little I guess." Lapis shrugged
Jasper stood and stretched "Let's go grab a bite then." She pulled out her car keys "What do you want?"
Lapis stood as well "Can we agree on Pizza? It's been a while since I've been allowed to eat anything unhealthy."
The jock cocked a brow "Sure, if that's what you want. Do your parents forbid you from consuming calories or something?"
Lapis nodded hesitantly "Kind of. They're health food fanatics. Apparently anything that's not a vegetable or some kind of super-food is like the devil to them or something."
"Wow that sucks." Jasper chuckled "Let's go." She headed for the door. The bluenette followed behind her.
They went out to Fish Stew Pizza and bought a medium mushroom and bacon pizza. They sat at a table to eat. Lapis told Jasper more about her parents and the restrictions they put on her life. After they finished they went back to the car. After getting in Jasper sighed and looked to the mirror-eyed girl in her passenger seat with a completely serious expression. "You know Blue... If you're really that fed up with your folks... I can get you outta there. I mean I've already helped Amethyst and myself get away from strict parenting..."
"What do you mean? What happened with you and Amethyst?" Lapis questioned
Jasper bit her bottom lip "Amie and I came from a very strict and controlling household. Our parents expected us to be exactly as they wished. When Amethyst told them she was into girls, they flipped out. They started blaming me for it, Saying if I interacted with her more she wouldn't be fucked up in the head. Which is really fucking dumb. I mean she's not fucked up in the first place." She paused and looked away from Lapis. "My dad started drinking, and let's just say things went further down hill from there. The day after my 16th birthday I took Amethyst and left in the middle of the night. My parents never called the police or fuck all. They were glad we were gone." After a moment she looked back to Lapis "I know your situation isn't as bad, but it's still not cool that they're filling up what's supposed to be your best years with rules and regulations. They're preventing you from having fun and shit.. Anyway if you ever get too fed up with them... You can come stay with us. We've got room for you."
Lapis frowned taking in the information but nodded "I-I'll keep it in mind. But for now, I think I'm fine."
Jasper nodded understanding  "Alright."
They started driving back.
-------------------------------
Peridot and Amethyst were playing video games in the basement. Yelona would check up on them every few minutes. She was still sceptical about Amethyst.
The two played some kind of adventuring game but had come to a point where they needed a password to enter a part of the forest they were currently in.
"Shit!" Peridot cussed "I forgot the password. We need to get in there!" The nerd tried to think "I was told it yesterday.... It was.... Agh I can't remember! Crap...What was it?!"
Amethyst continued to look at the screen "Go ahead." She said simply
"What?" Peridot looked up to her friend
Amethyst repeated, and made herself more clear. "The password. It's Go ahead."
Peridot cocked her brow in confusion  "but that seems way to easy..." She put the phrase in to test it out anyway and was surprised to see that it had not only worked, but gave them a specialty item for getting it correct on the first try. "Whoa! No way! How'd you know?"
Amethyst shrugged "The riddle made no sense. 'Guess outlets are horribly electrifying at division.' Like what did that even mean. So I made it into an acronym and got 'go ahead'."
Peridot was dumbfounded, yet extremely impressed. "Dude I could just kiss you right now! Holy shit."
Amethyst chuckled "Go ahead" she joked, But the joke was on her when Peridot actually pecked her lips....

AN: Sorry not sorry xD