Chapter 40

"Now look at this queer that I just found! When I say gay be ready to gay! And gay!"
Garnet rolled her eyes "Mum... please stop."
"No! Queer it up, don't talk." Ruby continued
Garnet just stared at her mother. "Ugh let's try something else!" She wouldn't stop.
Garnet sped up with her walking practically dragging Pearl along with her.
So Garnet, Pearl, Ruby, Sapphire, Peridot and Amethyst were making they're way to Garnets place to chill out. Ruby and Sapphire had offered everyone over for dinner after the surprise cheer up party, however it was only Pearl, Peridot, and Amethyst who agreed to come over. Jasper and Lapis wanted badly to just go back to Jasper's and cuddle, and Rose, Greg, and Steven already had plans to go out to dinner with Steven's friend Connie's family.
"Watch and learn! Here's the deal- you smooch your girl and you make her squeal~" she leant over to give her wife a kiss however Sapphire completely dodged her "WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!"
Sapphire shook her head "Ruby, I just don't think now is a meme time."
"Wow Kill your self babe. Every time is meme time." The afro'd mother said crossing her arms "Seriously though, what's the deal with you guys?! I came here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now!"
"Mum... that one was way too old." Garnet shook her head.
Ruby sighed "yeah... agreed 100 emoji 100 emoji 100 emoji."

The four teenage girls all sat in Garnets bedroom just sitting around on their phones and occasionally showing each other the latest image memes. Pearl excused herself to go to the bathroom and Peridot took this time to speak "Hey Garnet. I'm surprised Pearl didn't notice, but you left your cigarette pack on your desk."
Garnet quickly glanced over and spotted the small box left out in the open "Oh shit... thanks for telling me Peridot."
Amethyst rose a brow "Garnet?! You smoke?"
The dark skinned teen shushed her friend "Pearl can't know about it." She pulled out a half smoked cigarette and lit it, carefully watching the door in case Pearl were to return.
Peridot watched nibbling her lip. "Hey Garnet?"
"Hm?" The other questioned "Oh... you want one?" She offered over the pack.
Peridot shook her head declining the idea of having a full one "... just a puff? Please?"
Garnet took another quick drag before passing it off. "Finish it." She hid her pack and lighter in a drawer.
"Peri?!" Amethyst asked really confused as she watched her girlfriend finish off a the 1/4 cigarette without difficulty. "What the fuck?!"
Peridot sucked it the final puff before tossing the burning filter out the window. "What?"
"Since when do you smoke?!"
Peridot shrugged "since the day I moved in with Rose... It was the morning and me and Garnet were just sitting here and yeah. I tried it."
"Garnet? You let her do that?!" Amethyst pointed
Garnet held up a hand "In my defence I did try to steer her away from it. But she insisted. She really wanted to."
The snow-haired looked to her girlfriend in shock "What the fuck Peri?! Do you know how bad that is for your health?!"
"Yes I do!" Peridot said back flatly "Do you know you're the one who led me to start?!"
Amethyst looked hurt "w-what?"
"Pearls coming." Garnet warned softly. "Talk about something else."
Pearl entered the room, but the subject wasn't changed. Amethyst nearly shouted "Peridot?! What do you mean I'm the reason you started?!"
Peridot shrugged "We weren't together at the time, and I was upset with what you did and also stressing over the idea that I was moving in with Pearl, who I was still bitter at... so yeah. Plus it looked really interesting to do..."
Pearl wore a look of concern and confusion "What're we talking about?!"
Amethyst turned around, appearing really upset, and faced the newcomer pointing accusingly at the other two teenagers in the room "Garnet and Peridot have been smoking!"
"Amethyst!" Both mentioned responded.
"Garnet?!" Pearl exclaimed and Garnet shushed her by quite literally putting a finger to the others lips.
Less than a minute later Ruby stuck her head inside "Hey kids! 1000 degrees knife challenge vs hot-hamburgers in the kitchen right now!" When she got no responses aside from an awkward silent staring kind of mannequin challenge type thing she said "Fine its more like 1000 degrees hot-hamburger vs a regular old knife and fork. Dinners ready. Be careful it's hot though.... like my wife." She smirked and made her way back to the kitchen.
Pearl furrowed her brows and gripped Garnets wrist, almost yanking the others hand away from her face. "We will be discussing this later, Garnet." She then stood and made her way out of the room as her usual peppy appearing self. Garnet Followed her arms crossed firmly across her chest.
Amethyst puffed her bangs away from her face, wearing a similar cross look to the one Pearl had worn moments ago and grumbled out a "Yeah, us too Peri" before hopping off the bed and also left to go get dinner.
Peridot bit her lip and stood. She looked to the door to make sure nobody was watching before opening the desk drawer, snatching the cigarette pack and digging out 2. She shoved them in her pocket and put the pack away again before hurrying to join the others.

They all sat around the table cutting into their gravy covered beef and bread in near silence.
"Who do you think initiated it?" Ruby randomly questioned
"Huh?" Peri had been the one to make the mistake to question her.
"Your Mom and Blue. Who do you think was the first to be like 'ya know what? Let's have lesbian sex'. Which one started it." Next thing you know there was 2 short teenage girls choking on their food, one Ginger haired teen blushing madly at the absolutely weird and gross awkward mess the conversation had become, and Garnet and Sapphire staring at the third member of their family with disgust. "What? C'mon there's no way you didn't see that! They did the classic 'oh shit we naked and there's people at the door! Gotta get dressed fast in whatever we can find!' Thing, they were obviously Netflix and chilling before we got there! And anxious Yelona wanting us desperately to leave in the end was like a cherry of proof  on top!"
Amethyst regained herself and then helped Peridot out by patting her on the back. When Peridot was clear there was a minute of silence before "It was a mutual start." Amethyst was a coughing mess aging in an instant as Peridot continued her explinstion "No words. Bellu was doing the whole 'I'm a sad lonely widow' crying thing, which my mother would then respond to with a look of caring and fondness. Then there was the accidental lip peck which was brought upon by both parties. Yelona then preformed a couple oh so sweet jaw-line kisses to cheer up her 'friend'. Those leaked down to the collar bone, and downwards. The rest is a 'No homo bro' type story." As she continued to casually eat her food as if she hadn't just said that, everyone just stared at her shocked and uncomfortable.
"Wow..." Pearl awkwardly sliced into her food "How do you figure?....and in such detail?"
Peridot shrugged "I've been around the both of them my entire life. And I'm not saying it happened, but if it were to happen it would be similar to that."
Ruby just smirked to the small teen and slow-clapped her.

Hours later Peridot sat on her bed in the Universe home. She'd left shortly after dinner, not allowing Amethyst to come with her saying she was 'too tired to hang out' just so she could avoid the argument for now. Pearl was still gone, probably hanging out with Garnet and Amethyst, if Amethyst hadn't already left to go home by now. She still kept her door close, however, to keep out the rest of the household.
She reached into her pocket and pulled out one of the cigarettes, just looking at it for a long while. She stuck it between her lips, contemplating smoking a little bit of it when she realized... she had no way to light it.
With a groan she quickly thought of going for a walk to the corner store to buy one, but then thought 'What if they ID me? I'm underage...' then an idea clicked. She opened Facebook Messenger and scrolled through her friends list. At the very bottom she found her destination.
«Hey Jasper... I was wondering if you could help me out with a favour?»
She got a reply a few minutes later «Uh... sure nerd. Whatdya need?»
Peridot bit her lip «A hookup...»
Almost immediate response «whoa whoa! I ain't like that kid! I got Lapis and I'm loyal af!»
Peridot flushed «NOT THAT KIND OF HOOKUP YOU CLOD!»
She double texted «I need darts and a light. ASAP! Hook me up!»
A long pause before Jasper said «Ooooh. You're looking for a dealer! K»
A minute before she also double replied «Wait?! What?! I didn't know you smoked?»
«It's a long story. All you really need to know to understand is; I was kinda stressed and I was hanging with Garnet at the time. So do you got me covered or not?» Peridot asked.
«You got $5? I'd charge $7.50 but I got a friends & family discount kicking...» was the answer she got.
«Uh... yeah.» she messaged back.
«K. Meet me 'round the back of school tomorrow at 8:30. We'll trade.»
Peridot sent a thumbs up but then also thought enough to add «Don't tell anyone ok?»
«Ye ye, I got u fam» she read before shutting off her phone and shoving the cigarettes into her nightstand drawer.