Chapter 18

Amethyst had been down in the basement with Peridot for nearly 3 hours already. Although considering Peridot's game systems were still packed away, they had grown bored quickly. They had played monopoly for a while before they quickly grew annoyed. Peridot had attempted to teach her girlfriend how to play chess, however Amethyst complained literally every 5 seconds that she didn't understand and that 'this nerd game was no fun'. After a few minutes of that the green-eyed had given up. They now both lay cuddled on the couch reading books. Yes, Amethyst too, to much surprise. They also played a game of 'Fuck, marry, kill' to help pass the time.
"Uh.... Brendon Urie, Patrick Stump, aaaand.... Um... Adam Lambert?" Amethyst threw out struggling to think of names they hadn't used."
"I'm not really interested in men." Peridot rolled her eyes.
"But what if you were?" Amethyst asked
Peridot sighed "Fine. Uuuh. Fuck Adam, marry Brendon, kill the other one because I don't know who that is."
"You don't know Fallout Boy?! How could you know Panic! But not know Fallout Boy?!"
Peridot shrugged "Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump?"
"Gross! Definitely killing Trump with fire." They both chuckled "uuuum I'll marry-" she was cut off by a ring tone.
Peridot picked up her phone and didn't recognize the number. She answered it "Hello?"

----a few hours prior at Jasper's----

"Lapis what the actual fu- I don't even smoke weed!" Jasper said. "It may be harmless alone but it could be laced with some real bad shit, and that's so not cool! Don't chance this!"
Lapis stared Jasper in the eye, not breaking eye contact as she lit up and took a drag following the instructions and examples of the others in the room. She actually managed to not cough out a lung in the process, like most first-time smokers did, making the staring all that more effective. After exhaling she said a simple one word sentence  "Chill."
Jasper deadpanned. She watched in shock as her partner leaned back into the couch and took another puff. Topaz, Spinel and Heliodor cheered her on. "Woo! You tell her L!" Spinel said as the other 2 clapped.
Jasper bit her lip "Lapis, this isn't- You shouldn't-" she was cut off
Lapis rolled her eyes "Jasper, shut it. You're being a buzzkill."
"Lapis!! Y-" Jasper was cut off again by Lapis's icy glare. She stuttered for a moment as she attempted to read her girlfriend's emotions but she was too upset with her to comprehend anything. Eventually she sighed. "Fuck- whatever..." She stood and headed for the door she needed some air before she said or did something she could regret. "I'm not responsible for you. Do whatever the fuck you want. I'm going for a walk."
Lapis would've probably been really worried for her and chased after Jasper however the calming agent of a drug was already taking effect. Instead she sat back and took another hit.
In most cases, an adult might've said that Jasper  had made the correct decision, however Jasper had made one mistake. She'd left her car keys on the coffee table. So a little later into the session, the girls had decided they were hungry and all decided it'd be a good idea to take Jaspers car to go get some Chinese food.

-----------back at Peridot's----------

"MOM!" Peridot yelled as she ran up the stairs.
"Yes dear?" Yelona asked from over her laptop screen, she was typing away on some work-related project once again. "What is it?"
"We need to go bail Lapis out of jail!"
Yelona slammed her computer shut as she stood in surprise "WHAT?!"

--------------at the city prison--------

Yelona had paid for Lapis's bail, and only for Lapis, considering she didn't know the other girls. As the officer let Lapis out of the small prison cell Yelona asked "What was she in for? If you don't mind my asking."
The officer shrugged "The usual reasons kids get arrested for these days. Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, underage use of drugs and alcohol, possession of marijuana, and drug use in a moving vehicle." Lapis, now sobering, hung her head in shame. Her hands were stuffed into the pockets of her hoodie and she eyed her shoes. Her expression was blank, and her bangs covered her eyes.
After slightly further chat with the officer Yelona, and the three teenagers left. Nobody said anything until the silence in the vehicle was too much to bare.
"Lapis..." Peridot croaked out a little shaken up by the idea that her childhood best friend had taking a trip down the wrong road. "What were you thinking?"
Lapis chewed her lip before shaking her head "I-I'm not sure Peri..."
There was another moment of silence before Amethyst realized something and spoke up. "Weren't you with Jasper? What happened to her?"
Lapis sighed "My decision upset her, so she left us in her apartment to go for a walk. She left her car. Good decision on her behalf, not on ours."
Amethyst nodded in understanding "Does she know you got...." She hesitated "arrested?"
Lapis shook her head "No not yet..."
And as if on cue, Lapis's phone started blaring her ring tone. Lapis answered it on speaker phone. "H-hey Jasp...."
"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" The jocks voice boomed from the other end.
Lapis couldn't bring herself to speak, so Amethyst answered her fuming sister's question. "She's with me and Peri. We just had to bail her outta jail."
"WHAT?!" Quiet worried yet angry  mumbling and breathing was all to be heard for s minute until "Lapis, I hate to say 'I told you so' but, I did tell you it was a bad idea."
"I-I know. I'm s-sorry. I shouldn't have- I should l've listened to you... I'm sorry." Lapis stuttered, voice cracking in self-disappointment.
"Where's the others? And my car?" Jasper inquired.
"They're still at the prison. My mom wouldn't take them." Peridot responded.
Jasper sighed frustratedly "that's just- oh my- that's fucking fantastic! Ugh... You know, I'm going there for my car, and my car only. Topaz and the others can figure this out for themselves. I'm done saving their asses." There was a growl "We'll have the 'I'm disappointed in you' chat later. I want my fucking car back. Bye." The line clicked to an end before the others could even attempt a goodbye. Lapis dropped her phone in her lap and buried her head in her hands. Everything went silent once again.
The car came to a stop in Peridot's driveway. Yelona spoke before exiting the vehicle "Lapis you're staying here for the night. I don't believe your mother will want to speak with you tonight after I inform her of the incident."
Lapis wanted to fight and yell out a 'No, please don't tell my mom!' But she knew it'd be no use. Instead she croaked out "yes ma'am." Before stepping out of the car.

-------------------
An: Welp there we go. I say that's a good enough chapter. I Hope this makes up for the wait. Thanks for reading nerds!

~Trash