Chapter 10

Amethyst sat there in total shock for a second or two. At last she spoke "I-I didn't think you'd actually kiss me." Her cheeks reddened.
Peridot was also blushing and looking away from her crush "Neither did I... To be totally honest." She bit her lip "I'm sorry if I made things awkward.... If you want to leave... I-I'd understand."
Amethyst shook her head "No it's fine, I'll stay... I mean I called it on, it's my own fault."
The blonde sighed in relief  "So uh..." She went to change the subject "should we get back to the ga-" but Amethyst cut her off
"You like me. Don't you?" The purple-eyed teen questioned
Peridot's eyes widened and she laughed awkwardly "Wha- no... Heh, uh what... Haha, what makes you th-think that?"
"Your face is fire truck red, you're stuttering a lot, and you couldn't stop yourself from giving me a smooch." Amethyst shrugged. "It's a little bit obvious..."
Peridot groaned and buried her face in her hands "I-I... Ugh. I guess I do. I'm sorry if this changes things..." She felt heartbroken at the moment. Even though Amethyst hadn't rejected her yet didn't mean she wasn't about to. Besides all her previous crushes had all ended badly. She was left rejected and heartbroken every time. Peridot couldn't see this turning out any different.
Amethyst looked over to her friend and frowned. The nerd was hurting badly, the snow-haired teen could tell. Obviously this isn't the first time something like this had happened.
The room was silent and had been for a few moments before Amethyst spoke "Hey Peri?" The other didn't move. "Peri, look at me." Green eyes looked up to meet Purple ones. They were on the verge of tears. "Things are going to have to change after this.... I don't think it can go back to normal." Amethyst said. Peridot felt herself choking up. She couldn't take it. She was getting rejected again. She just knew it. She was seriously about to cry.
"I understand." She croaked out. She was going to continue but Amethyst had begun to speak again
"I've been thinking about this for a while now Peri... I think we should...." Here it was. The moment when Amethyst was going to say that they should stop being friends. Peridot knew that it was going to happen. She allowed tears to slide down her cheeks.
Amethyst continued "I think we should be more than friends. I mean like... You know... Start dating and stuff."
Peridot's eyes widened in surprise "Wh-what?" She sniffed.
The snow-haired teen rubbed the back of her neck "I-I think you're really cute. I guess I kinda like you too."
Peridot stared at her "You're playing me aren't you? You're not serious... There's no way you could actually like me back." She sniffled a few more times.
"Wha-? No! Peridot, I'm not joking around, I'm being serious!" The other felt slightly offended that her friend would think she'd play her like that, but pushed it aside. She was focused on trying to get the blonde to calm down. She took Peridot's hand and looked into her green orbs "I'd never try to hurt you. Not like that. Not in anyway."
Peridot calmed down a little and wiped her tears with her forearms. "Prove it. Prove that you like me back..."
Amethyst leant forward and captured Peridot's lips in her own, pulling her into a moderately long kiss. The kiss wasn't sexual, but reassuring and comfortable. Peridot calmed and finally understood. She kissed back.
Yelona came downstairs to check on them and caught them in the middle of the act. She was taken aback. "What the hell are you two doing?!" She interrupted them. Peridot and Amethyst jumped apart in surprise. They were scared of what would happen next.
Peridot gave a nervous laugh "he-hey mom.... Guess what? I-I uh... I have a g-girlfriend..." She looked to Amethyst for reassurance "R-right?"
Amethyst smiled softly and nodded to the blonde "Yeah."
Yelona was angered "You never told me you were a queer!" She let out a frustrated growl "If you had I definitely wouldn't let you hang out with-with that!" She pointed to Amethyst
"Excuse me?" The snow-haired teen but in "I am a person, not an object! And you should be happy for your daughter, not yelling at us!"
The mother was only enraged further. "Don't tell me how I should be acting! Now get the hell out of my house you vermin!"
Amethyst furrowed her brows. She was about to fight back before Peridot gripped her hand tightly "Let's just go to your place Amei..."
Amethyst nodded "Alright. Let's go." The two of them pushed past Yelona and made their way out of the house. Peridot's mother didn't say anything more.
---------------------------
Meanwhile Lapis and Jasper sat on the couch watching some shitty rom-com movie. "Hey- er- Lapis?" Jasper spoke
"Hm?" Lapis looked up to her
"You-uh... You wanna go for lunch on Saturday?"
Lapis smirked "Are you asking me on a date?"
Jasper hesitantly nodded "U-uh, Y-yeah...."
"Sure, I'd love to." Lapis leant in closer to Jasper, who began to blush harshly, and stole a kiss.
Jasper sat stunned for a few long moments before stuttering "a-a-alright then."
Jasper's flusteredness made Lapis chuckle. "What a change in character Hm? I like it." The mirror-eyed girl went to lean in again but was interrupted by Amethyst and Peridot walking in.
The two new-arrivals stared with wide eyes at the other two on the couch. Upon realization of what was going on Amethyst furrowed her brows again
"Lapis?! You ditched us... To make moves on my sister?!" She didn't yell but did speak rather loudly
Lapis then turned into a flustered mess "I-I- uh-I was... I-I mean We... Ah-" Jasper but in
"I invited her over yesterday." The jock shrugged "Sh-She just came to chill. It's my fault." Jasper took the blame
Lapis then noticed Amethyst and Peridot were holding hands and smiled softly. "Besides, I thought you two could use some alone time to discover your feelings for eachother. Looks like I made a good decision."
Amethyst and Peridot looked to each other and blushed. "You gotta give her credit for thinking of that..." Peridot said. "I mean if she'd been there, what happened would've probably not happened."
Amethyst sighed "You know what? Fine, whatever. I'm tired. I'm going to bed." She headed for her room.
Peridot followed "Same. I'm coming."
Once they were gone Jasper looked to Lapis "Think they're gonna... You know?" The large blonde questioned
Lapis shook her head "No. They're both way to shy. They'll probably just awkwardly cuddle until they fall asleep."
Jasper gave it some thought. "Yeah, you're probably right..." She rubbed the back of her neck "So-uh... Are you staying over too?"
Lapis stood and stretched "I'll call my mom and ask if I'm able to. If that's okay with you."
Jasper nodded before lapis leant down and pecked her lips again. The jocks blush returned as Lapis left the room to call home.