Chapter 31

They'd fallen asleep in same bed by accident. Eventually Peridot had fallen asleep to her own questioning, and Garnet didn't have the heart to wake Her and ask her to go to the guest room, so they shared for the night, However Peridot instantly regretted it the second she woke up and found herself with with a face-full of boobs. Naturally she'd flushed bright red and jumped up into a sitting position, and that sudden movement had caused Garnet to wake up as well.
Normally a girl wouldn't be bothered if she woke up at a sleepover with her friend with a boob pillow, but when your friend is super gay and has a girlfriend, and your gay as fuck too and just went through a break up, it makes things very awkward.
Garnet looked to her friend in confusion for a second before her brain but two and two together. "Were you just....?"
"S-sorry" peridot stuttered, her face still red. "I didn't mean to-"
Garnet shrugged "It's fine. Those kinds of things happen, no worries." She sat up herself and rubbed at her eyes. "What time is it?"
Peridot grabbed her phone off its charger at the end of the bed "6:17am" she responded.
Garnet let out a groan "I usually sleep until 7. No sense in going back to sleep now though." She got up out of bed with a stretch and headed to her dresser to grab some clothes. "I'll be in the shower."
"Ok." Peridot replied

-------------
Peridot hadn't been the only one who'd waken up with a face full of tits however. Lapis had too, only an hour later.
Jasper had her girlfriend hugged close to her chest as she slept. Lapis woke and smiled softly. "Jasper you awake?"
"Hmm?" Was the response she received
"Are you up?" She repeated herself.
"Ugh yeah... Go back to sleep. School's cancelled. Flood." The others voice rasped out. Lapis rose a brow in confusion. She sat up and grabbed her phone from the nightstand as she yawned and unlocked it. She had received both an email from the school and a Twitter notification from the school's Twitter page telling her that classes had been canceled today due to flooding on the first floor. Apparently the rain had developed into a heavy storm late last night and rain water had gotten in under the doors and through any open windows. The school was closed so it could be cleaned up. Everything should be fixed by tomorrow but if not they'll be notified again the next morning. Lapis smiled slightly and laid back down to return to sleep.

-----------
Peridot sat alone in garnet's bedroom, looking around at all the surrounding decorations and furniture. Everything in Garnet's room was neatly placed, and looked very tidy and organized. She wondered where Garnet hid things... Maybe in that drawer on her computer desk? What was in that drawer? Was there any secrets? Or maybe it was just papers and CDs, and maybe a few PC games and a USB containing old school work. Either way Peridot was beginning to get curious. Should she look? Should she snoop through Garnet's things for a little bit? Garnet was in the shower and probably wouldn't be out for a while... If she wanted to she could take a peak...
She got up from Garnet's bed and tiptoed across the room to the desk and slid open the drawer. As expected there was a little notebook, a pen, a USB, some kind of disk out of its package, so it could be a CD or a game of sorts, but then there was also her pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Peridot glanced over her shoulder towards the door to make sure nobody was looking, and then gripped the lighter. She held it up and observed it. How did it work? She'd never used one or really seen anyone else use one before, not that she could remember. Her mother never smoked, none of her sitters she had as a child did either, and if any of her aunts or uncles or anyone in her family did, she'd never seen it. She tried lighting it, but failed. She flicked it again but didn't hold down on the red button-like part so the flame only showed for a second. She did it one last time and was actually successful in keeping in lit for more that a flicker. She eyed the flame in curiosity before she let it disappear again. She reached back into the drawer and removed the pack of cigarettes. She brought them over to Garnet's bed and sat with the items in front of her, just staring at them.
After a moment she took one of the cigs out of the pack and held it between her fingers like she's seen Garnet hold hers last night before it was thrown out the window. She examined it and thought back to her 7th grade health class and tried to remember what had been said about them. She glanced down at the package. It displayed a health warning including s disturbing photograph of a man with a tube in his throat he needed to breath. But that stuff only happened if you smoke every day for years and years right? Isn't that what her teachers had said?
She bit he bottom lip and glanced towards the door again. Should she try it? She wanted to. She was so curious... But Garnet had told her not to. She said she'd get addicted. She told her they were bad for her health. But then... Why was it Garnet could destroy her health but Peridot wasn't allowed to? Maybe she wanted to die young of lung cancer too! No... Nobody wants that... That's a terrible thing to say or think. But still she was so curious to know what it was like... She sighed "screw it" she said as she stuck the filtered end between her lips. She gave the lighter a flick again and-
"Peridot!!"
Peridot jumped and dropped both the lighter and the unlit cigarette onto the bed again. She looked up to see an angry, frowning, Garnet with a towel in her hair, fresh out of the shower. She marched over and took the items into her own hands.
"What were you doing?!" The British voiced asked.
"Garnet I-" Peridot got cut off.
"I thought I told you no! It's not good for you!" Garnet scolded.
"But- why do you get to fuck up your health and I don't? If I want to try it... It -it shouldn't be any of your concern..."
Garnet shook her head "It is of my concern Peridot. I don't want you to end up hooked on these like me!"
Peridot crossed her arms "That sounds like something my mom would say if she was a smoker. And I doubt I'll be hooked after just one."
"Fuck- you know what- fine! Do it! But don't say I didn't warn you." Garnet sat on the bed with a huff and handed the cigarette and the lighter back to Peridot. She gave up trying to warn the other.
Peridot stared at the items again. She placed the cigarette in her mouth again and lit it. She took a puff and choked on the smoke like a fool. She took a second puff however and exhaled the smoke almost professionally. All while giving Garnet a dirty look. Garnet just shook her head and lit a cigarette for herself to smoke and enjoy.