Chapter 28

"Where are we going?" A British accent asked as two figures trudged through the drizzling afternoon air.
The blonde let out a sight "I don't know, Garnet. Where the heck can we go?"
Garnet shrugged "My place is kind of far from here, but it's an option. My mums won't mind really. You could probably stay the night too."
Peridot cocked a brow and decided to humor the other. They'd become closer friends during their study times, so this behaviour was known and acceptable. "Ah yes. And then tomorrow when we arrive at school at the same time and have a shit ton of inside jokes from our little 'slumber party' our girlfriends totally won't think we got sexual after saying 'we're even' and not responding for an hour or so afterwards."
Garnet let out a chuckle "Why not though? Could be interesting."
Peridot's eyes widened "Wai-what?!" She thought about what the other had just said. "Was that a 'why not' towards just hanging out or was that a 'why not' to actually doing a sexual act?"
Garnet didn't answer the question instead she only pointed to a street sign. "Doesn't Amethyst live on that street? And Pearl is with Amethyst right now right? Let's pay them a visit."
"O-okay! Yeah! Let's get to the bottom of this!"  The green-eyed agreed.

-------------
"I'm sorry I got you dragged into this..." Pearl sighed. Her head was buried in her knees, and it muffled her voice "I didn't mean for any of this to happen."
Amethyst's raspy voice replied with "I know Pearl. I know." The shorter shifted into a more comfortable sitting position. She was feeling fidgety because of the awkward situation and conversation."But it was just as much my fault as it was yours."
The ginger looked up from her knees "Do you think Garnet will leave me?"
The other shook her head "It was a one time thing. And Garnet knows you have trouble moving forwards sometimes. You're good. Me on the other hand... Peri's already caught me smooching Vidalia before... I'd say this is only Strike two... But I don't think Peri plays ball..."
"You kissed Vidalia?!" Pearl asked sounding disgusted and kind of upset "While you were with Peridot?! That's low Amethyst! Even for you!"
"Hey! I didn't want to... It was more like I had to. She wouldn't leave me alone!" The snow-haired defended herself.
"Pfft whatever." The taller rolled her eyes "Like I'd believe that. You'll get with anyone who says they love you"
"What?! That's fucking bull and you know that!" Amethyst nearly yelled, offended. "Did I ever cheat on you? No? Didn't think so!"
"Wrong!" Pearl chimed in again "I saw you. You were all over Amber that one time at Emerald's 16th birthday."
The purple-eyed slammed her fist on the floor "She spiked my drink! You know that!"
"or so you say." Pearl crossed her arms "Anyways, don't get your hopes up. If Peridot's got her priorities straight, like me, she'll drop you."
Amethyst rolled her eyes now "Pffft. You can't say that. You legit said you wanted me half and hour ago."
Pearls face grew hot with a furious blush "I did not!" She regained her composure "I said I wanted closure."
Lapis's humoured voice was heard "The sexual tension is strong with you. Like shit get a room." It'd been a while since she'd argued with Jasper and she'd calmed down a lot since then. Amethyst and Pearls bickering had actually cheered her up slightly.
"Shut up!" Both of the other teen girls shouted in unison.
Lapis only laughed.
Jasper emerged from her bedroom and dragged her way to the refrigerator and grabbed a beer. She cracked it open and took a gulp, glaring at the three in the living room out of the corner of her eye.
Suddenly there was a knock on the door. The vitiligo'd walked over and opened the door. Two more familiar teen girls stood at the door. "Oh... Hey Peridot... Garnet."
"Hello Jasper." Peridot greeted as Garnet simply waved. "I think you know why we're here."
Jasper sipped her drink and stepped to the side letting the others inside.
"Garnet! Oh my god!" Pearl scrambled to her feet and was quickly before the other. "I'm so so so sooo sorry! It wasn't- I didn't mean to-"
Garnet held up her hand, shushing the ginger. "get caught?" He face showed no expression.
"N-no! It's not like that! I just-" she was silenced again
"There are no excuses behind your actions Pearl. I won't hear it." The thick accent scolded. Her features softened slightly. "It's alright."
"B-But aren't you upset?" Pearl sputtered confused.
Garnet lowered her glasses for the other to look into her eyes "I was. But it's okay now." She winked at Peridot out of the corner of her eye. I sign to play along with whatever she had to say. "Peridot was rather fun."
Peridot's cheeks burned red as Pearl and Amethyst looked to eachother and then to Peridot, then Garnet. "Fun?" They both questioned, concerned and confused.
Garnet nodded and the eyes landed back on Peridot, who was blushing wildly. "Y-yeah... You were.... Fun.... Too Garnet." She didn't look anyone in the eye. "Certainly was.... Different."
Jasper leaned against the wall next to the couch, she had a concerned look on her face as well. She nudged Lapis' should with her elbow, a signal she should say something.
Lapis caught on "Peri... You didn't... You know... Did you?"
Nobody replied
Pearl stepped forward, looking more worried than before and a little upset. "Garnet?! How could you- she's so innocent"
Garnet just smirked and shrugged.
"Peridot?" Amethyst asked, sounding not only worried but also slightly hurt "please... Tell me your joking..."
Peridot looked up to Garnet, who smiled and messed up the shorter's blonde hair "Yeah we're joking. But we are even."
Everyone looked relieved and a couple let out breaths they didn't even know they were holding.
Peridot spoke again "we kissed though. To make it even"
"I don't think I believe you" Amethyst said crossing her arm. "Not after that joke...."
Garnet replied brow raised "you want me to kiss her again?"
"No!" Pearl said quickly "I believe you!"
"C'mon Pearl. But what if they didn't actually even things out?" Amethyst asked.
Pearl replied "well then that's ok. They're not angry, and it'll all be ok."
"But won't you feel bad?!" The snow-haired questioned
Peridot signed and rolled her eyes "Garnet... Just kiss me"
Garnet shrugged and leaned down. Their lips connected again, this time for a larger audience.