Chapter 13

After school Peridot went over to Amethyst's house without permission from her mother. They had the place to themselves since Jasper had football practice and Lapis had stayed after school to watch.
The two cuddled on on the couch as they watched some reality TV show. Amethyst suddenly received a text from her friend Jenny.
«Hey Amie, guess what!»
Amethyst rose a brow and replied to the text «what?»
«Vidalia just moved back to town and she's throwing herself a welcome back party on Friday at 10! You should totally come!» was the answer
The purple eyed teen stared at her screen for a moment, unsure of what she wanted to do. Vidalia was her ex-girlfriend, from back in the 8th grade, did she really want to go to her ex's party? Well it's not like the break up wasn't neutral, the reason they separated was because Vidalia was moving anyway. So there wasn't any hard feelings there, besides they were really good friends before they started going out. It could be fun. Amethyst glanced to Peridot then back to her phone «would I be able to bring someone with me?» the snow-haired questioned
«sure, if you want. I don't see a problem with that» Jenny answered.
«sweet. K I'll try and be there.» Amethyst replied and then looked to Peridot "hey Peri?"
"Hm?"
"You wanna go to a party on Friday with me?"
Peridot raised a brow "I'm grounded. How'll I get there?"
"Sneak out. Duh" the other rolled her eyes.
"Oh yeah." She paused "sure I'll go with you."
"Sweet."
---------------------------
Yelona sat in her kitchen, outraged. Her daughter was supposed to be home an hour and a half ago. She folded her long arms and glanced at the clock on the wall. Scratch that. Peridot was supposed to be home an hour and 45 minutes ago. Where was she?
Peridot's phone sat on the table and suddenly lit up with a Facebook notification. The angered woman looked over and read 'Amethyst tagged you in a photo.' Yelona wished to see said photo but didn't know her daughters password. She came to the sudden conclusion that Peridot must be hanging out with Amethyst and taking pictures. She grabbed her keys off the table and headed out to her car with a low growl of disapproval.
Minutes later she stood outside the apartment door. After listening to a small argument from inside on what to watch on TV next, Yelona confirmed that her daughter was there. She didn't knock, she just swung the door open.
Peridot and Amethyst both jumped and yelped lightly in fright as the door was thrown open. They both sharply looked over to the door and wee surprised to see Peridot's angry mother glaring daggers at them.
"Oh shit..." Peridot bit her bottom lip
"Peridot Olivine Diamond." The tall shadowed figure in the doorway growled
"H-hello m-mother." Peridot stuttered
Yelona crossed her arms "Have you forgotten the meaning of the term 'grounded'?"
"N-no mother..." The small blonde teen squeeked
"Then you're questioning my authority?" Peridot's mother's raised her voice ever so slightly
"N-no!" The green-eyed quickly denied. "I-If anything I'm questioning your objectivity. I-I mean I did nothing wrong, yet you grounded me for half a month..."
"You did in fact do something wrong. You stayed at you're girlfriend's apartment without adult supervision on a school night without my permission, and now you've completely gone against my wishes and have returned to previously said apartment when you were supposed to come straight home after school! Now you will be coming home right this instant and you will be grounded for a full month. You will not be allowed to use any social media and you will not be permitted to see any of you're little friends until your grounding is completed! Is that clear?!"
Peridot couldn't take it. This wasn't fair. She needed to stand up for herself. "NO! Mother it is not clear! I shouldn't be denied my rights because I've obtained a social life! I didn't do anything wrong! I don't deserve to be punished! If you think I do then you are a terrible mother!" She yelled back.
Yelona's face took an expression of extreme rage. She was silent for a few long moments before hissing "Get. In. The. Car. NOW!"
Peridot yelped in pure terror, she'd never seen her mother so angry. She was unsure on weather she should continue to argue or to admit defeat and get in the car. Amethyst stood from the couch. The purple eyes teen showed no fear, even though on the inside she was terrified. She felt she needed to help her new girlfriend out. She spoke calmly.
"Look lady, I get that you don't like me but that doesn't mean you should punish P-dot just 'cause she spent one night here after getting getting yelled at for being 'a queer'. It's actually your fault we ended up coming here. And if you're worried about her health and safety, we didn't do anything inappropriate, we're smarter than that. Oh also, about the 'no adult supervision' thing... My sister is 18, legally an adult capable of watching a few teenagers over night. You have no reason to be freaking out and punishing Peridot, so just leave her alone..."
Yelona stared at Amethyst for a moment thinking about what the teen had just said but being too mad to really process any of it. She turned her attention back to her daughter a little bit calmer but still pretty mad. "Get in the car. Argue me anymore and I'll up your grounding to two months." She hissed and turned heading to her vehicle.
Peridot sighed and looked to Amethyst "I'd better just go...I'll see you at school tomorrow."
The snow- haired frowned "Yeah...see ya. Wish you luck."
"Thanks..." Peridot hesitantly kissed her girlfriend's cheek "Bye." She walked out, shutting the door behind her.
"Bye..."
--------------------------------
Nearly two hours after getting home and being sent to her room Peridot was visited by her mother.
"What?" The teen asked
Yelona sighed "I took some time to ponder and have come to the conclusion that you and Amethyst were correct. You've done nothing wrong..." She hated admitting she was wrong, but she had decided it would be best if she wished to maintain a healthy relationship with her daughter. "However you're still grounded until Monday for disobeying my wishes and not coming home after school."
Peridot smiled softly and looked to her mother with forgiveness "That's fair... Thank you."