Chapter 8

AN: okay this ones going to be long, simply because I couldn't figure out where I wanted to end this chapter off. Please bear with me.
"I still can't believe you kissed my sister." Amethyst said after finishing her lunch. They sat at their table in the cafeteria.
"I can't believe you're still hung up about it." Lapis returned " That happened on Saturday. It's Tuesday Amei. That happened three days ago."
"Wait." Garnet butt in "You kissed Jasper?"
Lapis shrugged "I was dared to kiss someone. I completed it."
"So..." Pearl joined the conversation "you could've kissed anyone, yet you chose to kiss Jasper."
Lapis nodded "I don't see what the big deal is."
"The deal is-" Pearl began but was cut off by Amethyst
"She won't leave you alone now."
Lapis shrugged again "I'm sure I'll live."
Peridot finally added her voice to the others "At least she got Jasper's eyes off me for a while. I was very uncomfortable when I found out she liked me."
After a period of silence Garnet decided to change the subject "Do any of you want to come to my place tonight? My mums said it'd be alright."
The table was quiet for a minute as everyone thought. Soon a ramble of 'yeah's 'okay's and 'sure's filled the air.
------------------------------
Lapis was at her locker at the end of the day, getting her things packed before she'd meet up with the rest of the group to head over to Garnets, when she noticed a large shadow looming over her. The bluenette turned around to see Jasper. "Can I help you?"
"Uh, yeah, um" the jock seemed nervous. "Can I, uh.... Can I get your number?" She asked offering her phone over the the smaller teen.
Lapis smirked, feeling confident she took the others Samsung and put in her number. She even changed the contact name to 'Lapis😘'. The mirror-eyed girl then handed the phone back, shut her locker and walked off with her things.
Jasper looked down to her phone and blushed lightly, before texting «That Emoji's cute.» Lapis felt her phone buzz and looked at her newly received text. She blushed lightly before replying «thanks, that's why I chose it»
-----------------------------
Amethyst, Pearl, Peridot, Lapis, and Garnet sat in Garnets livingroom just hanging around on their phones when Garnets mothers came home from shopping.
"Garnet?" A calm voice called "Can you help us with the bags please?"
Garnet got up from the couch and headed to out to the car. When she returned she had the majority of the bags. A raspy grunt came from behind her.
"You didn't have to help me, I could've brought them all in myself."
"Mum your arm is broken, besides mother asked me to help." Garnet replied setting the bags down.
"Wha- Sapphire! I said I didn't want to bother her.... She has company." The raspy voice continued. "Besides I could've done it myself..."
The calm voice, now known as Sapphire spoke up "Ruby, you're injured. I can't have you hurting yourself more on a task that could've been avoided. And I'm sure Garnet doesn't mind lending a hand."
Garnet nodded "Yeah I really don't mind. I wasn't doing anything anyway."
The three came into the living room and Garnet returned to her seat.
Garnets mothers were around the same height and we're both much much shorter than Garnet. The one known as Ruby had dark skin, like Garnet, a dark brown/nearly black Afro, and red eyes. She was dressed in sporty attire, and as mentioned had a broken arm. Her wife, Sapphire, had a slightly lighter complexion and long blonde, nearly white, hair. Her left eye was bright blue, her right eye, completely white with blindness. Sapphire was dressed in a pretty blue dress that went down past her knees.
"Whoa, you have a few more than usual today huh Garnet?" Ruby said scratching the back of her head. "Hopefully we bought enough food to feed them dinner."
Sapphire smiled softly "I'm sure we'll have plenty dear." She looked over to Lapis and Peridot "How about he introduce ourselves to the newcomers before starting in the kitchen." She took a step forward and held her hand towards the two new girls "Hello. I'm-" she was interrupted by her partner "Sapphire, my beautiful wife!" Ruby smiled, as if proud of herself for throwing in a compliment "And I'm Ruby. Nice to meet you!"
Sapphire sighed and mumbled "hello, I'm interrupted." As she shook her head in disbelief before shaking both Lapis and Peridot's hands. "It's a pleasure meeting you.What are your names?" She then asked.
"I'm Lapis." The blue-haired teen answered
"Peridot." The green-eyed girl added her name.
"Any questions?" Ruby asked.
"Yes. Two actually" peridot spoke against "First. What happened to your arm?"
Ruby bit her bottom lip, it was kind of an embarrassing story. She finally decided to tell them "I was fooling around on the job at the construction site last week and fell off the scaffolding. Luckily I wasn't that high off the ground, otherwise I could've died." She sighed "what's your other question?"
Peridot continued after hearing the answer. "My second inquiry is on your wife's right eye... If you don't mind my asking."
Sapphire decided to speak for herself. "I was born with severe cataracts on one eye. I'm blind in said eye." She explained.
Peridot nodded understanding.
Lapis had a question. "Why does Garnet have an accent when neither of you do?"
Both parents went quiet for a moments they look to each other and then to Garnet for approval. Garnet sighed "Tell them, they may as well know. Pearl and Amethyst do. It would only be fair."
Ruby began awkwardly "Well-uh- you see- um-"
Sapphire took over "We actually adopted Garnet. After Ruby an I married we decided we wanted a family.... We agreed that Adoption was the best course of action. However we didn't want just any child, we wanted one who'd feel at home with us. We did months of research before we found a little girl who'd fit into our family perfectly. Isn't that right Ruby?"
Ruby nodded and started to speak again "Her name was Garnet. She was 5 years old, dark skinned like the two of us, with thick curly black hair. Her eyes were absolutely beautiful, with their unique colouring. She was quiet, kindhearted, accepting, yet ready for anything and loved to play sports! It was as if she were made up of our own combined DNA! Only problem was she was all the way over in England."
Sapphire began to talk once again "We saved up and moved over seas to take her into our care. We lived over there for a few years so she wouldn't feel rushed before bringing her back to America."
Garnet re-entered the conversation and finally answered the question. "So basically I have an accent because I was born and raised in Britain until I was about 8 or 9 years old." She shrugged
"Oh." Lapis said "that would also explain why she's so much taller than the both of you."
Ruby nodded in agreement before checking the time. "Whoa! Hey Sapphy, let's go. We should be starting in the kitchen soon if we want to give these kids a meal." She headed for the door. Sapphire agreed and followed.
--------------------------------
The seven females sat around the table, squished together due to the small size of the round table. Luckily they had enough seats for everyone. They ate Spaghetti, a simple yet filling dinner. Garnet and Pearl sat next to each other,  holding hands, and so did Garnets mothers. Amethyst and Peridot also sat beside one another, Peridot blushing lightly at any awkward contact made due to the tight seating arrangements, Amethyst was to focused on her food to notice that however. Lapis sat between Garnet and Amethyst, feeling a little awkward that she was the only one there who wasn't in a relationship or attracted to the person she sat beside. She took out her phone and notice Jasper had texted her a few minutes earlier. She checked the message.
«Hey Blue sup?» it read
Lapis quickly typed «eating dinner with everyone at Garnets. You?»
Immediate reply. «Chilling at home.»
Lapis didn't know how to reply so she simply sent «oh»
It was a few minutes before she got a reply «Can you ask Amethyst to buy brownies on her way home?»
Lapis looked up from her phone. "Hey Amethyst?"
"Yeah?" The snow-haired teen replied
"Jasper wants you to buy brownies on your way home."
Amethyst rose a brow "uhh why? Wait? You gave her your number?"
"Yes I did. She's pretty cool to talk to." She said while asking Jasper why she wanted amethyst to buy brownies.
Jasper's reply was as expected «cuz I want brownies duh»
Lapis answered Amethyst first question "anyway she says she just wants brownies."
Amethyst crossed her arms "Tell her to get her own fucking brownies"
Lapis sighed and texted Jasper again «She said 'get your own f**king brownies'» of course lapis censored the curse word, making herself seem so innocent.
«whatever. you busy tomorrow?»
Lapis smirked «I don't think so. Why do you ask?»
She didn't get a reply until a couple minutes after «Wanna hang out?"
Lapis blushed slightly, she looked up to the table to see if anyone had noticed her reddening. Ruby was the only one who noticed, she sent the bluenette a knowing smirk. Lapis looked back to her phone. «Sure.» she replied and put her phone away.