Chapter 21

Monday was a very quiet day back at school. Jasper had driven Amethyst to school to find it close to empty, apparently the 9th graders all had a big trip to Italy planned for the whole week, and also coincidentally a good number of the 11th graders were having a 'Career day' where they fit themselves into small groups and went to work in a certain field of work for the day.
Amethyst and Peridot didn't see Lapis at all during the first half of the day, and assumed her mother had her stay home today. At lunch they took their seats at the usual lunch table with Garnet and Pearl.
"Hey G, hey P." Amethyst said as she plopped into her usual spot.
"Hello Amethyst." Pearl greated politely "oh, and Peridot." Garnet gave a simple wave as she stared at the pages of a Science Technology Engeneering Mathematics textbook. Pearl spoke to her girlfriend "Are you understanding it now Garnet?"
Garnet was silent for a long moment as a frown grew on her usually non-expressive face before she let out a "Nope. Not at all."
Pearl sighed seemingly frustrated. It wouldn't be a far of guess to assume she'd been attempting to explain the materials to her partner for a while now. "We've got a test on this in a week, how are you going to pass?"
Garnet simply shrugged and replied with a simple "Dunno."
Pearl massaged her temples "Garnet... I don't understand what you don't understand... It's so simple."
"To you, maybe." Garnet hummed out calmly."To me it's quite the opposite. Science Tech isn't my thing."
Peridot rose a brow "Science Tech? You mean like Computers, Rockets, and Robots and stuff like that? I aced that class last semester!"
"You did?" Pearl questioned and peridot nodded "Do you think you could tutor Garnet?"
Peridot thought about it "it's a possibility." She hummed in though. "I don't think my mother would mind, actually she'd probably be relieved. After everything that's happened lately." She shrugged and re-directed her speech to the other teen "It's up to you, Garnet. Whenever you're available I'd be glad to help."
Garnet moved the textbook out of the way to make room for the lunch she planned to eat. "I'll think about it." The darker girl stood and headed off towards the cafeteria counter to purchase something to eat.
Pearl sighed and unwrapped her sandwich, mumbling "Well you better not think about it too long or you'll fail." Under her breath. She took a bite, fully chewed it and swallowed before a question came to mind. "Peridot? If you don't mind my asking... What is 'everything that has happened lately' that has your mother so bothered?"
Peridot was quiet for a moment, contemplating whether or not she wanted to tell the information or not. She was about to speak when Amethyst cut in.
"Basically me and Jasp've stirred the pot up a bit, and ole Yellow don't like it."
Peridot and Pearl both pinched the bridges of their noses in unison. "Oh goodness" Pearl groaned. "What damage have you two done?"
Peridot sighed "Her name is Yelona... Not the colour yellow. And it's not exactly you're fault. It was my decision to sneak out and attend that party, and Lapis' arrest was beyond Jaspers control."
Pearls eyes widened "What?! Lapis got- for what?!"
Amethyst started counting on her fingers "possession of drugs, underage drinking, driving under the influence, public intoxication, stuff like that."
"How?!" Pearl knew Lapis as a hardworking classmate, one who never got in any serious trouble, and here she was getting arrested for drug and alcohol use? Pearl was shocked and honestly didn't know if she could believe it.
Peridot tried to speak once more. "Jasper had-" but was cut off, by a voice new to the conversation.
"Jasper and some of her team members had a party. There was alcohol which we drank, and later pot." It was lapis who still looked pretty upset but apparently not too upset where she wouldn't speak about what happened. "Jasper told me not to, I didn't listen, Jasper got angry and went for a walk. While Jasper was gone we took her car and got ourselves in trouble." She sat with a cafeteria lunch tray that carried today's special, macaroni salad- or so it was called, and a carton of chocolate milk.
"Lapis? You're here?" Peridot rose a brow
Amethyst joined "Yeah?! Where've ya been all day?"
Lapis sighed with a roll of her eyes and blew her bangs out of her eyes "Not important."
That made everyone else feel slightly uncomfortable. Where had Lapis been? Had she skipped class to- no Lapis Lazuli had learned from her experience this weekend- she wouldn't do that- she wouldn't smoke- not again anyway.... Right?
Garnet re-joined the table, sitting diagonally from the newest member of the table. She sniffed and her neutral expression seemed slightly disturbed. "It smells like football and drugs." She commented and everyone else glared at Lapis who shrugged. None of them spoke, afraid to yell and cause a scene. Peridot mentally prepared a speech to give Lapis later, Amethyst considered telling Jasper, Pearl sat in worry and contemplating whether she should approach her peer about the situation at hand or not. Garnet could sense the tension and decided to change the subject. "Hey Peridot?"
The green-eyed teen snapped out of her  internal speech plotting at the sound of her name and looked up towards the person who had said it. "Huh?"
"I'll take you up on your tutoring offer."  Garnet continued before taking a bite out of a slice of pizza.
"Oh- you will?! O-okay! When are yo available? Should we start toni-" The blonde started to ask before Garnet answered. The afro'd teen had already came up with a schedule.
"Tomorrow, Wednesday, and Friday, after school at my place until eight. Thursday at lunch. Sunday, preferably your place from noon until five-thirty. And if needed Monday an hour before class, right here." She was busy today and Saturday, and Sunday her parents wanted the house to themselves, but that was pretty self-explanatory.
Peridot nodded and wrote the information down on her arm. She'd properly note it in her personal booklet later. "Alright sounds good to me." She smiled. Pearl smiled as well, happy that her girlfriend seemed so into the sessions.
Amethyst however continued to frown and glare at Lapis. She was definitely going to tell Jasper.

----------AN------
Sorry for the very longi wait guys, but I had extreme writers block for a while... I hope this kind of makes up for it.