Chapter 22

"Take a seat, I'll be back in a few." Garnet said as she exited her Livingroom to go elsewhere in her house, most likely the bathroom.
Peridot nodded and made herself comfortable on the couch. It was the first of the few scheduled tutoring sessions, and Peridot's mind was racing, thinking of the best way to begin the teachings, trying to figure out the best way to explain the materials in a way Garnet could understand, but she couldn't make a proper decision. Peridot knew virtually nothing about her 'student', she hadn't spent enough time with Garnet to develop any idea of the others mentality, thought process, or anything really. Then again time wasn't exactly the issue. Garnet was more closed off and mysterious than the others at the table. For example if Peridot were instead having to tutor Pearl she could simply gather enough to information on the others learning habits and abilities within minutes because of her personality and the way she acted on the daily. Garnet was a different story. Garnet's expression was almost alway neutral. She hardly ever spoke of herself, and rarely engaged is casual conversation at all. Peridot had no leads. She had nothing to go off of. She'd have to experiment, a lot. Explain the same things over and over in a multitude of ways until she found one in which Garnet grasped and fully understood. It would be difficult, perhaps it was the reason Pearl was so frustrated the day before, however Peridot was determined to figure out the perfect way and the perfect plan of action by the end of today's session.
Garnet returned from wherever she had been and seated herself adjacent to her tutor. She unpacked her backpack, setting her textbook and notebooks on the coffee table for them to use. When everything was set she opened the book to the first page and spoke. "Where are we going to begin?"
Peridot shrugged. "I'm unsure of that. What areas do you understand and what areas do you not?"

------------meanwhile--------
Amethyst was pissed. It appeared that Lapis had known of Amethysts plan to tell Jasper of her suspicions, and decided to occupy any of Jaspers free time with herself yesterday. Amethyst had woken up after Jasper had already left this morning, so she was unable to speak to her earlier, and at school today, Lapis had arrived late to class, smelling strongly of marijuana once again. Jasper was nowhere to be found after school, meaning Amethyst had to wait even longer to tell her older sister about what Lapis was doing.
Amethyst sat on the sofa, a can of Pepsi in one hand, the TV remote in the other. As she channel surfed, her upcoming revealing of what Lapis was keeping from Jasper was all that was on her mind. She was thinking of what she'd say and how she'd say it, when suddenly the apartment door opened and closed. Jasper was home. Finally.
Jasper made her way to the refrigerator and grabbed a cooler. It had been a long day and all she wanted at the moment was to listen to her music in her bedroom and have a drink or two. As she cracked open her beverage she greeted her siblings briefly. She was about to turn into her bedroom when she heard Amethyst speak again. "Uh... Hey.... Jasp? There's something I gotta talk to ya about."
She rolled her eyes and leaned heavily against the wall. "And what's that?"
"Well...."

--------------back at Garnet's------
Things had been going smoothly. Peridot had surprisingly been able to find an explanation for the current subject rather quickly, However the previous one had taken quite a while to figure out, things were getting easier to explain. As they moved along Peridot was figuring out her companions learning style, piece by piece. It was about two hours in, halfway through the first session, and they were making pretty good progress.
"So with that in mind, are things beginning to make sense?" Peridot questioned after an explanation came to a close. Garnet was silent for a moment, letting the information sink in. "For the most part. That thing you said about whatever this is-" she pointed to something on the textbook page "didn't really click."
"I see... That is a difficult concept to grasp..." She hummed in thought. "Alright, without paying much attention to that, tell me in you own words your understanding of the happenings in question two. We'll get back to that later."
Garnet nodded silently as she read over the question and thought it over briefly in her head. She was about to begin her explanation when the front door loudly opening and closing along with her mum's loud "We're home baby!"
"Ruby, must you yell that every time we walk through the door?" Sapphire commented with a roll of her eye and a light chuckle as she headed towards the living room.
Ruby, ahead of her wife and now visible in the doorway connecting the livingroom and the hallway shrugged. "I don't have to, but it's fun, so I want to. Don't kill my vibe."
"Trust me. I couldn't even slightly damage your 'vibe' with a loaded gun and the worlds sharpest spear." The other replied as she pressed a peck to her partners cheek.
"Welcome home." Garnet greeted. "You guys remember-"
"Peridot! Right?" Ruby smiled. "Welcome back!"
Peridot nodded "Thank you"
Sapphire crossed her arms "Garnet. You have a peer over to tutor you and you don't even offer her anything to drink?"
Garnet shrugged "I didn't see it necessary?" She attempted to explain. In reality she'd just forgotten.
Her mother shook her head in disappointment "I though we raised you better than that." However she wore a smirk "Right Ruby?"
Ruby whipped out two large take-out bags from behind her back "Boom! KFC mother-fu-"
"Ruby! I thought we had a plan?!" The single-eyed woman cut her with off.
The darker skinned mother set one of the bags and the soda-cups which had been placed out of view in the hallway in order to keep the surprise, on the coffee table with a smile and a shrug. "We did. I liked my new idea better." She redirected her attention to the two teenagers. "Take a break and eat up kiddos. The key to success is a healthy meal!"
"I highly doubt greasy fast-food chicken can be considered a 'healthy meal, mum." Garnet replied "But Thanks."
"Yes, Thank you." Peridot agreed
Ruby waved it off "No problem. Now c'mon Sapphy, upstairs before it starts!"
Sapphire rolled her eye "Yes, I wouldn't want to miss a re-run of some Basketball Anime episode... I'm coming, don't worry." She said a quick good-bye to the teenagers before following her wife upstairs to their bedroom.
Garnet and Peridot put the schoolwork aside for a few minutes to eat.

--------the Amethyst tattling thing-----
"What?!" Jasper asked enraged
"Lapis's been skipping class to get high" the snow-haired repeated herself.
"You're joking right?!" When her sister shook her head, Jasper grew more upset. "Jesus Christ- I'm soooo gonna- she's never going to hear the end of it!" She clenched her fists with a low growl, almost crushing her drink. When remembering the can in her hand she took a large gulp of the beverage before letting out an angry and frustrated sigh. "But not right now. Right now I need some me-time" and she stormed into her room.

An: well hope you enjoyed that weird ass chapter. Thanks for reading!
~Trash