Chapter 46

That was months ago.
It was summer now- August 1st- so nearly fall actually. There'd been a big friendship sleepover at Rose's house that weekend to celebrate Peridot's 17th birthday which was today- she was the last of her friends to be turning said age and yes, she was still living with Rose and her family. It's where she felt most comfortable.
A lot had changed since that very weird meeting. Rose actually started a daycare from home to pool in some more money. Lapis moved into that Apartment with her mom. Most of them had gotten jobs. Peridot switched from smoking to Vaping. Peridot passed her classes with honours, as did Pearl. Lapis narrowly missed the opportunity of honours, but still passed slightly above average, Garnet passed her classes with average grades, Amethyst only failed one of her classes and passed the rest averagely, making them all soon-to-be-seniors! Except Jasper who finally graduated highschool after being stuck there that extra year. Jasper turned 19, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Lapis all turned 17. Yelona, Peridots Mother had actually started taking Anger Management classes- and her and Bellu's relationship became more open. Things had certainly changed.
Peridot stood out on the balcony puffing on her vape in the early morning breeze simply thinking about how much more things were going to change in the oncoming years. Soon they'd all be graduates heading off to college and university- out in the real world.... she sighed out a large cloud of vapour. They all had their different paths to follow, Peridot knew this. She hopes they'll all stay in touch after highschool.
Amethyst came up behind her and wrapped her arms around her waist in a tight affectionate hug. "Good morning Birthday girl. Feel any older?" She asked groggily. It was only 9am- awfully early for a summer morning with no shift at work to attend, at least in her opinion.
"Quite..." Peridot responded with a sad smile "I Can't believe we're all almost adults."
"Ha-yeah I know right? A kid's all I've ever know how to be and soon I'll have to help Jasp with taxes and shit. What the hell even are taxes? Y'think they'll teach us that this year?" Amethyst responded with a laugh.
"Probably not." Peridot said a smirk forming "Probably just more algebra and straight-sex-ed."
They chuckled together. Peridot inhaled another green-apple and nicotine flavoured cloud as Amethyst asked another question. "Speaking of that, what're your plans today after the party leaves?"
"Since when do you want to do algebra?" Peridot questioned in mock-confusion
Amethyst rolled her eyes "The other 'that'..."
Peridot amplified her fake-confusion and added a pinch of surprise to her expression "Since when are you straight?!"
"Oh my god Peri...." Amethyst groaned "Just... what are you doing later?"
Peridot allowed herself to laugh a little at her own trolling before answering "Not you. I've got to go visit my mother. She birthed me, it's only right she celebrates some of today with me."
Amethyst appeared a tad disappointed "Awe- that's so lame... whatever...." she blew her bangs away from her eyes and watched them fall back into place in a pout "Hey hurry up with that nic-fit would ya? Greg's making your birthday breakfast and I'm starving. Rose says we can't eat without the Dancing-queen of the morning."
"The what of the morning?"
Amethyst rolled her eyes "Oh my god Per- you've listened to ABBA... stop playing stupid, that's my job..." she said jokingly whilst stretching. She shivered slightly. "Brr, its chilly. I'm heading in. See you in a bit." She kissed her cheek before stepping back inside.
A minute later Peridot followed her girlfriend's path and headed in the house as well. She stepped into the kitchen, not-so-surprised that the lights were off. It was clear they'd be doing the cheesey surprise party bit- Obviously Steven's idea. The kid was cute but as basic as a basic kid could get.
She flicked on the lights to see all her friends sitting and standing around. They, as expected shouted "Surprise!" To which Peridot pretended to actually be surprised for. Rose's Piano accompanied buy a kazoo played by her husband and tambourine by her son filled the air soon to be joined by voices as the very well knows lyrics were scream-sung.
"You are the Dancing Queen! Young and Sweet only Seventeen! Dancing queen! Feel the beat of the tambourines! You can dance! You can jiiiive! Having the time of your liiiiife! See that girl, watch that scene! Diggin' the dancing queeeeeenn!" Some of her friends (Mainly Lapis and Amethyst) danced along the the sub-par home-musical performance pointing towards her theatrically and overdramatically when appropriate.
Peridot watched with a crooked smile as they came to the close, not remembering what came next. She chuckled shaking her head "Nyheheh... Stars, why are you guys all so extra?"
"Because we love you!" Steven near-shouted "And it's your birthday!"
"Jeez what're you gonna do on my 18th? Preform an entire musical?"
"Only if we can find one about being 18... that's appropriate for Steven." Rose said
Greg joined " Worse case scenario we can sing '18 and I like it' by Alice Cooper."
They joked around and made their way to the table to eat the big birthday breakfast feast. Legitimately a feast of breakfast sausages, and bacon, hash browns, and eggs in multiple forms, that was wrapped up with an adorably small stack of pancakes presented with candles that made up the number 17, and the glorious singing of happy birthday to Peridot.
Not long after breakfast certain friends went their own ways. Jasper heading to work, Garnet catching a ride with her moms home, Amethyst walking herself home, and Pearl heading back to her room to work on a paper for some unnecessary online over-the-summer class. Greg headed off to the Carwash as he usually does at 10am on weekends, while Rose called the parents of the kids that attend her little daycare service to tell them that she was open now, and to apologize for opening later than usual.
Peridot and Lapis set out for Yelona's household, walking together as Lapis knew her mother would be there as well. The two talked and joked about on their walk. Mainly about almost being adults. Their conversation turning into a weird list of things adults can do legally.
"Adults can do stuff without parental permission..." Lapis said
"Adults can buy their own vape juice." Peridot responded
"Adults can watch Netflix at 3am without someone telling them to go to bed..."
"No, they usually instead have someone asking them to come to bed."
"Adults can legally have anal sex in Canada..." lapis stated matter of factly jumping to that somehow.
"What the fuck is wrong with Canada.... that's homophobic. Vaginal sex is legal at like 16 or something there!" Peridot said "And I thought Canada was liberal..."
"They are. The Prime Minister  plans on getting rid of that law at some point." Lapis shrugged "But for now only adults can do anal in Canada."
"Weird... anyway... adults can get paid to have sex." Peridot said continuing their list
"Adults can make sex-tapes."
"Adults can be asexual..."
"So can teens..." Lapis said pointedly
"Oh yeah.... Adults can be married asexuals..." Peri corrected.
Lapis was quiet a second "Holy fuck... adults can get married! That means Jasper could technically get married to someone but not me yet!"
"Whoa... your Girlfriends old..."
"My girlfriend is your girlfriends sister."
Now Peridot took a moment of silent realization. "If you marry Jasper, and I marry Amethyst we'll be sisters-in-law..."
Lapis took another moment of realization "if my mom marries your mom we'll be step-sisters..."
They walked silently for a second before Peridot said "That's weird as hell..."
"Sisters in every way but blood..." Lapis stated.
"Stop... I know that as kids we always wanted to be sisters but that's just weird to think about now."
"I know right!" Lapis laughed as they approached the driveway to Peridot's childhood home.
They entered the house and Peridot called out "I'm here!"
Right after Lapis basically yelled "The sisters are here!"
"Oh my god Lapis! Stop saying the word sisters!" Peridot told her before they entered into the Living room.
Bellu sat alone and glanced up at them with a spoon of a frozen dessert in mouth as usual.
"Hey, where my mom?" Peridot asked
Bellu swallowed her snack and shrugged "Anger Management."
"Wasn't that over like half an hour ago?" Lapis asked.
"Would've been if she hadn't pulled a hissy fit." Bellu smirked and opened her texts to show them a bunch of all-caps message from Yelona calling certain workers certain cusses. "Isn't she cute?"
"Ew no. She's my mom." Peridot disagreed "But holy crap... she called Ms. Fuffcase Ms. Fuckface... that's pretty funny."
"My favourite is she just keypad smashed Mr.Adferzelli's name. Mr. Adsgddjm... amazing." Lapis said with a half-laugh
Bellu chuckled "I Personally find it funny that she's apparently so pissy that she called me Bitchface when I agreed she needed a timeout."  Her smile faded and she took on a darker expression "She's going to pay for that later..."
"Whoa mom... " Lapis said warily "Lets not plan to murder Yelona... eat more of your ice cream."
"Huh? Oh no, this is Frozen Yoghurt. I'm on a diet." Bellu responded in her normal tone
Suddenly the door slammed open and then shut as a very grumpy Yelona stormed in. "Have a good day in class Yellow?" Bellu asked
Yelona glared at her girlfriend "No. Fuck you. I hate you, I hate that place, I want to commit so many fucking suicides!"
"I'm pretty sure you can only successfully commit suicide once babe."
She gave her the middle finger "Sit and spin."
"Maybe later. Now c'mon stop being a grouch. It's your daughters birthday." Bellu responded whilst gesturing towards the two teens. Yelona looked to the technical children in the room and pinched the bridge of her nose "Oh yeah... perfect." She sighed and plopped down on the couch "Give me that Icecream..."
"It's not ice cream. It's Frozen yoghurt."
"Ew gross... never mind."
"Yellow, it tastes just as good." Bellu assured
"I don't want that diet shit, I want the cream! "
"Again... maybe later."
"Shut up. Are you fucking 12 Blue?"
"Meeeeowww..." Bellu rolled her eyes "If you're still throwing a hissy-fit you're going to be heading bed without dinner tonight." She stated in an oddly assertive tone.
"Uh..." Peridot interrupted "Maybe we should come back later?"
Yelona looked at her daughter a moment before sighing again "That's probably for the best... We'll celebrate your birthday tomorrow... "
"Alright, how's lunch sound? I've got work at 3 so I can't any later than that..."
Yelona nodded "Sounds like a plan.... Sorry dear."
"No problem. It'd blow if I had to listen to you be pissy for the next few hours anyway." Peridot shrugged "C'mon Lapis lets go help Rose with the kids."
"Sure." Lapis agreed. And they left again.
Bellu looked to her girlfriend "Should I put on a Brandon Rogers video?"
Yelona simply nodded grumpily. Dark offensive humour usually seemed to calm her.

//well that was a train wreck hope you liked that. Lol. Comment your favourite pats or whatever. I'm desperate for input. I'm an input whore today.