Chapter 27

An: okay so yeah that last chapter was really long and dramatic and seemingly out of no where, in fact I hadn't even planned it and pretty much just wrote the first things that came to mind. But yeah whatever, I'm gonna try and fix things again.
------------------------

"What?!" Both Peridot and Yelona asked confused and a little disgusted.
Just then Peridot received the same text and picture from Jasper that Garnet had gotten moments earlier. She stared in disbelief for a minute before angrily throwing her phone onto the floor, glad that it wore a protective case and didn't break, but still absolutely pissed. "You know what... Gladly!" Peridot responded to Garnet's earlier request.
They closed the distance between them rather quickly, and made things even between them and their so called 'partners'.
Yelona watched unable to pull her eyes away from the scene. She watched as her daughter kissed a young woman that wasn't her girlfriend, and then watched as they both separated and retrieved their phones. They both angrily typed away and the elder woman in the room felt, confused, disgusted, worried, and uncomfortable all at once. "What just happened?" She asked in an attempt at her usually calm and authoritative voice.
"Amethyst and Pearl were caught in the act." Peridot responded before showing her mother the photo she'd been sent.
Garnet continued where her tutor left off. "We just evened the scale. And considering how Pearl is begging and insisting that they have a perfectly logical reasoning for their actions, it's safe to assume that evening the scale and an average length argument or chat is all it'll take to fix things."
Peridot nodded as her text tone sounded and she showed Garnet her most recent message. "Amethyst says Pearl was reminded that they never had a proper closure when they split ways, and started getting upset. After talking they decided to go through with the classic 'closure kiss'." She explained
"Ah, yes I could see that. Pearl does have a problem with dwelling on the past for far longer than she probably should." Garnet replied as she texted away. "I just told Pearl we're even. You should do the same with Amethyst."
Peridot did just that she quickly started texting away.
Yelona was just staring at them in disbelief and disgust. "You two really believe that that was acceptable behaviour?!"
Garnet looked up to the authoritative woman in the room "Well what else're we going to do? Get ourselves all upset and forever hold grudges on the ones we love over a pity kiss? I think we're handling the situation just fine."
"Of course you'd think that." Peridot's mother scoffed. "You grew up in a home where you watched two grown woman eat eachothers.... Faces.... Multiple times on the daily. Of course you'd think that this is just fine. But I however find it unacceptable!"
Peridot's face paled after hearing what her mother had just said. "Mother!!-" she exclaimed. She was going today something else when she felt the couch shift. Garnet stood silently, her eyes locked on the tallest woman in the room "What did you just say about my moms?!"
Yelona opened her mouth to speak "Well I said-"
"You don't need to repeat yourself! It was a rhetorical question!" Garnet's voice was loud, but she wasn't yelling. She was simply loudly expressing her opinion in a low tone. "My mother's, Ruby and Sapphire, were the best set of parents a child could've ever asked for. Yes, they're lesbians, but they did a better job at raising me that my Heterosexual birth parents EVER did! Out of all the disrespectful, homophobic things I've ever heard-" she paused "What do you think you're daughter's going to be doing when she's older with her own children?!"
Yelona smirked a 'know it all' grin "hopefully a very nice young man."
Peridot stood as well enraged "Mother! You know that I'm gay! I'm never going to end up with any 'young man', no matter how nice he is!"
The authoritative figure standing before the two girls shook her head. "No Peridot. I know this is simply one of those teenage phases. I know that when you get older, you'll find yourself a good husband and-"
"Fuck you!" Peridot shouted. She grabbed her backpack from its spot next to the couch "c'mon Garnet. We're leaving!" She announced glaring at her mother. Garnet packed up her textbooks and without anything else said the two teens pushed past Peridot's mother and left the building.

------------------
"Jasper! I can't believe you just did that!" Lapis said rather loudly.
"Well what else could I have done?" The vitiligo'd replied
The bluenette crossed her arms "what they were doing was none of our concern, you shouldn't have involved yourself!"
Jasper sighed "Look Lapis..." She said firmly. "Think of it this way. What if that was me and someone else in the bathroom? What if it were Pearl or Amethyst who'd walked in on me? Would you not want to know about it? I bet you would've liked to get that picture, no matter how much it hurts me and my pride."
Lapis's eyes widened "What- are you saying you would fucking cheat on me?!"
"Huh- No!! That's not what I was saying at all! It was just an example, I was putting it into perspective! Don't friggan twist my words like that!" Jasper said pinched the bridge of nose.
"Or what?! You'll leave me?!" Lapis asked angrily.
Jasper stood with a frustrated growl. "Ugh! Fucking- I need a break. I can't take anymore of this bullshit!" She stormed into her bedroom "Don't fucking bother me!"
Lapis yelled after her "WHATEVER!" and continued to sit angrily on the couch.
Pearl and Amethyst sat ashamed, on either end of the living room, both staring at their phones. They're girlfriends had stopped texting back a while ago after they'd both said that they were equal now, whatever that meant.
Pearl was worried. Why wasn't Garnet answering? Was she really that mad? Was this the end of their relationship? What would she do if she lost Garnet?
Amethyst however wasn't as worried as Pearl. She knew Peridot was probably in some sort talk or argument with her mother at the moment. However she was a little worried that Peridot might not take her back this time...

An: well I didn't fix anything, just fucked things up more. Sorry?
But hey! Calling all Jaspis (Jasper X Lapis) fans! I've recently started a brand new Jaspis Highschool Au Fanfic called "To Dream Of Malachite" so go check it out! Thanks for reading!
~trash