Chapter 25

Days came and went, small problems developed and were resolved, and the rest of the week quickly went by. It was now Sunday. Peridot's last real tutoring session with Garnet. Throughout the past week Garnet had made excellent progress. She went from not understanding a single word to being able to come up with an answer to virtually any problem in multiple ways. Peridot was proud of both her student and herself for making it so far.
The blonde sat on her couch and checked the time on her phone. Garnet should be here soon. This was the one day they couldn't study at Garnet's, and Peridot wasn't sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing. One one side, Garnet's mothers wouldn't be distracting them with memes, on the other hand Peridot's mother was home. The green-eyed teen feared that her mother may voice her opinion of Garnet much like she had done with Amethyst when they had first met, but the problem being Garnet wouldn't talk back, but would most likely just throw a punch at the woman insulting her.
Peridot heard the doorbell ring and stood. She took a deep breath mentally reassuring herself that all would be fine. She headed upstairs to answer the door but found that her mother had already answered it.
Yelona knew that peridot had been tutoring, and was actually quite glad that she'd get the opportunity to meet the peer in need today to be reassured that her daughter was actually tutoring and not at some homosexual rave party with drugs, alcohol, and a shit ton of multicoloured strobe lights. What she expected to see when she opened the door was someone like who Lapis 'used to be'. An average height, heterosexual thin and bony white girl who was overly shy and slightly nerdy, that's why her jaw dropped when she found a tall, rather curvy and muscular, South African dressed in an attire that screamed 'I'm a flaming gay, and will fuck you up if you piss me off'
"Hey, I'm Garnet." The teens said in her rich accent "Is Peridot here?"
Yelona silently nodded and stepped aside. Garnet spotted Peridot and walked into the house and up to her peer. Was Yelona really letting this person into her home? She wanted to say something, badly, but remembering the last time she was judgemental over one of her daughters new friends, and looking at a Garnet again, she decided against saying anything aside from "Its very nice to meet you. Just to clarify, your mother and father are aware you're over right?"
Garnet turned and simply stared the woman down, and Peridot suddenly grew nervous. Sweat dropped down her forehead and she nibbled her lip. Yelona was confused. What'd she done wrong?! Why was this rebellious looking teenager glaring her down.
Peridot nudged Garnet to get her to say something.
Garnet adjusted the sunglasses she wore on her face and forced a small smile "Yes, both my mum's know I've come here." She then turned to Peridot "let's get started."
Peridot lead Garnet into the basement. Yelona realized once the two teens were downstairs what she'd said. It was too late to for any kind of reply at this point so she simply shrugged and headed back into her kitchen.

-------------------
Amethyst and Pearl were in Amethyst's livingroom, just hanging out, wasting the time they had to spend away from their girlfriends by watching lame television programs, and talking about the odd few things.
"What even is the point of this show?" Pearl asked one brow raised as she tried to understand why anybody would want to watch this 'Camp Pining Hearts'. "And why is it so dramatic? They're at a summer camp, not at war. I don't think anyone would really care if one was dating someone from an opposing team."
Amethyst shrugged "Yeah I don't really get it either, but Peri's obsessed with this crap. Lapis likes it too, but not nearly as much as Peridot does."
Pearl hummed "I really don't see the appeal, but hey, whatever floats their boats." She shrugged "Speaking of Peridot, I wonder how her and Garnet are doing right now."
The snow-haired replied "probably pretty good, unless Ole Yellow's being a judgmental bitch and giving them trouble..."
The ginger looked over to her friend "You're still not over the whole being called a slut by your girlfriends mom thing huh?"
"Nope. Just like you ain't over that time I spilled my Energy Drink on your bed." The tanned teen smirked
"my pillowcase is still stained that awful orange-red colour" was the others reply
Amethyst simply shrugged before the door was thrown open. Jasper, Lapis, Topaz, Spinel, and Heliodor walked in, chatting loudly amongst themselves, except Lapis. Lapis was silent and appeared nervous. Amethyst spoke "Hey what's the big idea?!"
"Huh? Oh sorry Ame, forgot you were home." Jasper replied "You don't mind if we chill out here for a bit right?" She didn't give her sister a chance to reply before saying "No? Sweet, thanks sis!" She then jumped into a conversation Her friends were having.
Lapis shied away from them and came to sit next to Amethyst "H-hey guys." She greeted.
"Hello Lapis." Pearl greeted back with an awkward smile "how're you today?"
"Not the greatest." The bluenette sighed truthfully. She'd told everyone at the lunch table about the peer pressuring, so they all knew about it now. Looking over her shoulder to make sure Jasper was still ouccupied, Lapis lowered her voice to a whisper "Topaz's been sending me signals all day... She won't dare to actually ask me in front of Jasper, but she's perfectly fine with silently harassing me when Jasper isn't looking."
"Why don't you tell her to knock it off?" Amethyst questioned.
"Because I'm afraid she'll knock me out instead. You realize she's twice my size right?" Came the answer.
Pearl spoke again "why haven't you told Jasper about it?"
Lapis cocked a brow and she showed an expression that just screamed 'bitch please' "Do you really think that's a good idea? Getting one jock mad at another jock? I'd rather not start a fistfight."
"Oh, I see..." Pearl frowned but nodded "Well if you ever need reassurance we're here for you Lapis. Remember that."
"Trust me, I know." Lapis smiled to them softly.
"Anyone down for a joint?!" A yell sounded from across the room.
The three teens looked in the direction the voice came and watched as Jasper gave Topaz a shove of the shoulder and a glare "Fuck off."

An: sorry guys. That was really lame and uneventful, but I'm kind of feeling down. I just lost my dog to old age a few hours ago and my life's been feeling kinda shitty. I was hoping writing a new chapter would cheer me up but it wasn't very successful... I don't know when the next time I'm going to update will be, but I'm just gonna warn you not to expect too much from me the next few days...
Thanks for reading
~Trash