Chapter 9

A castle may carry rooms upon rooms. They can have hundreds of servants and slaves. Everyone at their leisure. The room we had entered was enormous, probably as big as a school class room. Two king size beds on a wall-left side. One window that was covered with a thick black curtain which was facing me and on my right, two doors, I guess for a closet and bathroom. What took up a majority of empty space was a couch set in a deep red colour. Besides the red, pretty much everything else was black.

Great.

    “You don’t seem pleased. What’s wrong with our room?”

I stood shocked by the wall I had taken refuge by for the twins (I had guessed) were in my face in seconds from being across the room. I blinked but no words came to mind.

    “You can play dumb all you want. But maybe there’s something you’re hiding.”

I started walking to pick up and place things I thought went in normal places, including the coat I had over me. I turned down sheets and fluffed pillows. Walking into the closet, I was able to decipher whose clothes were which. No matter how much I wanted to do things my hidden past consisted of, I wouldn’t allow myself to bring them up especially not here.

    “What’s got her now?”

    “It’s as if she knows whose clothes and things are which.”

    “Spy?”

    “Nah!”

The word spy hung in the constricting air that surrounded me.