Chapter 32

“Anika, shouldn’t you do something?” Trandic decided it was his ‘duty’ to watch me and the girl I carried into the castle.

“What can I possibly do? I told her I didn’t know who she was. She kept fighting me and I blocked her attacks easily. I threatened her with a falchion and walked away. She jump attacked me, so I put her in a sleep hold. I told her I wasn’t going to be the one who ended her life.” I came in a huff crossing my arms.

    “Okay... I get it you didn’t want to fight, but you didn’t have to bring her in here you know.”

I raised an eyebrow at him.

Trandic chose his words carefully “Um... You see... Uh...”

 I you could imagine a Vampire sweating, this would be the chance to do so. Trandic seemed lost for words. His eyes wide as his mouth opened and closed. At that moment the door burst open to reveal Meric and Kyan.

    “Anika! Get away from her!” Meric yelled as Kyan grabbed hold of my arm and pulling me into a protective embrace. All 3 guys bared their fangs at the couch of the sleeping girl.

    “What are you doing?! She hasn’t done anything wrong!”

    “Anika... Can’t you feel it? Don’t you sense it?! She’s not Human. Nor is she Vampire or Lycin.

Trandic, I don’t know how you didn’t hear what was going on in her head...It’s not pleasant.”

I couldn’t response... I didn’t know how.

    “She’s working for Rayne and...She’s your sister?”

    “Asriela.” My voice in hushed whisper came.  

    “How can it be so?”