Chapter 14

“No! You can’t be!”

“It’s not possible!”

Meric and Kyan both jumped up in their seats, having the same reaction I had been expecting for so long.

“Guys come on! It’s not like I planned to freak you out. Let alone have my true form compromise what I wanted so badly."

The twins were looking at each other now. Wonder, deception, anger and complete confusion were emotions illuminated for me to feel. It was obvious that so little knew. I had become mere bedtime stories, most treasured legends and a myth to my very flesh.

    “You claimed to only be turning 18!”

    “That was the truth. I’d only be turning 18 if I wasn’t presented with the truth.”

 The one they thought I should have been told at a later date. A time when the ones I loved aged around me, growing older by the second as I lay unchanging, while seeing them die in front of my very eyes. I had a family and a betrothed.  The centuries are like nothing to me now. I planned to live my life I saw fit. A teenaged girl with little left to be called an adult. Something I was able to be willed on my own. Now I can no longer do that. With Humans, only one life is given. That was the only chance I received. I find now I can live on the edge I was suppose to, taking care of two royal twins.

I had walked over sat on the huge couch enjoying how Meric and Kyan had followed me instead of the other way around.

A knock came at the door. No one moved. It suddenly burst open.