Chapter 17

I’ve always wondered to myself if letting go of enemies were an okay thing to do. Having spies amongst your allies don’t appear the safest thing to engross on. But as that one saying goes, keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Pulling myself from Kyan’s strong hold, I stood with grace and poise allowing the other two Vampires to take in my appearance. My chime like voice flooded out of my mouth.

    “Rayne Charter Michael. After all these centuries, you still give such enhance welcomings.” I smiled allowing my fangs to be in clear view tucking my arms under my chest.

    “Stay away from me you-“I was moving towards him slowly, cutting him off in what he was about to say.

    “Now now, must not say something you’ll regret. Our lives are pretty long to live…If we last and don’t get ourselves killed.”

    “BITCH!” Rayne spat the word in extreme hatred, lunging at me like a piece of metal unable to stay away from its magnet. Before he had a chance, I kicked him in the gut over my head and into the twin’s beds. He landed with a loud snap that could have given a human a stroke.

    “Are we able to intrude upon the secret behind the furry?” Osheianna was sitting right side up looking at the place Rayne had just landed in utter amazement.

Rayne spoke as he ran at me only to be stopped by another.

    “Mother of all living creature, having herself to be written as one of the best things that ever lived. Gave birth to three different species then came after them to eliminate her own flesh. Mother F!”

Meric was holding Rayne’s arms in a death grip afraid that if he let go, I’d be no more.

    “Why don’t you tell the rest of them how you play a part in this.” I came sincerely.

    “Go to hell.” Rayne’s eyes were so red, they looked black.

    “Rayne here is the one that ended up giving me the Vampire traits.”