Chapter 25

Lycins will always wait for their masters’ return, especially one they know take care of them the best.

    “Sister, it’s been a long time! I’ve missed you!” The black wolf pounced on Osheianna playfully licking her face as she fell to the floor.

I sat on the floor with the other wolves wanting to hear more about what has been going on.

    “Mother Anika, I feel ashamed to informing you about what has been going on but I guess you already know yourself.”

Blade bowed his white head as his ears flattened in shame. I ruffled his fur.

    “We will defend you against our brothers and sisters who even think of wanting to get rid of you.”

I laughed quietly.

    “Hunter, get off of me. There’s plenty of time to horse play later.” Osheianna cried annoyed.

    “Well that’s not hard; I’m a size of a horse anyway.” The black wolf barked a laugh.

    “These centuries are different. I was trying to live as a Human but my cover shattered as a nightmare shot through me just the other day.” I sighed knowing I was so close to the goal. 

  “He’s coming.”

I froze.

The door on the far side of the room, on the wall facing behind flew open and crumpled into splinters in the air. Rayne came through unfazed by the scene. Eyes and demeanour were beyond happy.

The Lycins jumped in front of Osheianna and I not allowing Rayne to come any closer.

    “The end will only become the beginning Anika, this time you’ll be by my side.”