Chapter 12

Facing the facts was hard. Utterly impossible. The hidden darkness assumed its place for the fire orb which was the light for Humans, had fallen asleep as time flew by faster and faster. Nothing moved. All quiet, still and frozen in place.

  “Very impressive-”

    “-Living as a Human.”

I sank down into a huddle on the hard wooden floor. My arms protectively wrapped around my middle. My legs tucked in on my left side, head hung in shame at what I displayed. My past was now in the open and I would be summoned for destruction.

    “So how old are you really?”

Meric and Kyan had pulled up chairs in front of me but thankfully not as close. I had completely transformed into what I was. My skin had gone pale; my body back to its formal and structured build. Legs and arms lean but all muscle. My stomach: hard with abs in a feminine form. My fangs came back, sharp and long ready to pierce my cement like skin. My eyes stayed their mid-night, hidden shadow black only gaining flecks of the Human colour I used- ocean blue.

    My hair stayed in the exact position, length and colour I had done. Slightly above my shoulders in waves and curls. The colour: the one I was born with- pale golden blonde. The dress that was form fitting had gotten slightly too baggy around the middle- the arms more breathable.

    “You gunna explain or do we need to get guards in here to loosen your tongue?”

I didn’t want to but I raised my head and spoke in my musical chime like voice.

    “My name is Anika and I am the Mother of all living Creatures.”