Chapter 27

Someone came up behind Rayne smacking him over the head with a metal pan as if trying to go through stone. His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he landed with a hard slam to the wooden floor. King Tryden stood in a fighting stance with the pan clutched on the left side of his body. His mid-night shinning long black hair, was coming loose out of the braid he had it in on the right side.

  “Calm down everyone. I think the pan will break if I used it again.”

Stifled chuckles were heard amongst the knowing silence.

“Mother Anika, as you can see, I’ve been giving traits I hadn’t wanted. Forced into living a life unwanted. Maybe that’s why I choose to hide behind something I’m not.”

Even though confusion stood in front of me, swords still in my hands, King Tryden posed no threat to anyone.

    “Shall we get cleaned up? Or better yet… More advanced?” King Tryden looked in my direction as he finished his comment to the room.

-

Walking about the castle, things began to unfold. The world was split in two. The Good vs. Evil.

Rayne has been hiding his identity for a long time, where as I have been wanting to give up.

We were either great friends or worst enemies but never anything in between.

He wanted me, always.

From the depths of my long life I knew three things to occur.

One- This could turn into a bloody battle.

Two- If Rayne took hold of me, I’d become his captive for life.

Three- One of us must die.