Just Another Woman in Love

It's third Saturday of the month, Ana owned a club somewhere on West Hollywood and every third Saturday of the month she sings there. She loves to sing, and she loves to be this other person. Inside her club she's not the famous Ana Vender. She's just Ana who jokes around and have fun with their guests.

No reporter or paparazzi allowed. They're allowed to come in but without their camera, they can come to enjoy and have a drink and listens to the music but everything is off the record. What happened at A list club remains at A list club. Nothing came out and made it to the paper.

Ana had her first set, her first set often lively, disco tunes or songs from famous plays like grease, hair spray, burlesque and the list goes on. She have particular theme on every show. Then in between her songs her personal assistant Victory joined her in the stage. Victory is gay but people won't notice it much because he looks like a girl.

Victory or Victorio in his birth certificate had long curly hair, and he's taking pills so his hormones became more like a girl. He had boobs, but Victory didn't go on with sex transplant. That would be too much, he's happy with his looks. And he knows pretty well that God is lonesome seeing him because he only created man and woman but Victory can't explain his humanity. And Ana doesn't judge, but she didn't tolerate Victory with his relationships.

They had script, sometimes random monologue, they were like stage comedians, it was Victory who always pulled the jokes, she just ride along sometimes she improvised and deliver some pick up lines or do some adlib and Victory is really smart to bite and ride on her.

On her second set, Ana will sing mellow tunes that way people who want some somber time can enjoy in her club, few drinks with mellow songs. Not really a bad idea. And it was her second set.

Ana changed her dress for second set, from tight fitting jeans and black blouse to simple velvet evening dress, she also change her hair style, on her first set her hair was loose and it was set and curled, now she tied it. She looked so elegant with her hair up, she's wearing an evening make-up, he wears red lipstick as red as her four inches stiletto shoes.

Ana sat on the chair in the middle of the mini stage accustomed for the performers. There's a live band behind her. Ana deliver a short speech then started her second set. Her first song, "I need to be in love" of Carpenters.

Funny because the lyrics are precise to what she feel. It was just yesterday when she had that conversation with Johnny. And it was really sad. She loves Johnny, since the first time she saw him when Josh invited her to come over to dinner party on their ancestral home.

Josh introduced her to his parents, and to his older brother Johnny, Ana had her massive crush on Johnny since their first meeting that crush turned into love. Johnny had girlfriends, and the last was Daneel. Before Johnny and Daneel become together Ana agreed to be Josh's girl while she looks for his long lost love.

Ana agreed so she will have reasons to come and go at Josh's place, Johnny lives near his best friend house. She can see Johnny anytime she wants, for years she kept her love from him. Take care of her feelings and nourished it, hoping that one day she would have her chance to be with Johnny.

And the other night was the fulfillment of her dreams; she fantasized herself being with Johnny for so many years, it happened, she was so happy. But to know that Johnny is not really into her, it really hurts.

The hardest thing I've ever done

Is keep believing

That there's someone in this crazy world

For me

For years she hopes her happiness lies with Johnny and Johnny alone.

The way that people come and go

Through temporary lives

My chance could come and I might never know

She had her chance, Johnny held her in his arms, he took her tenderly, and that evening Johnny is different.

I used to say "No promises,

Let's keep it simple"

But freedom only helps you say

Good-bye

He may be drunk but she never felt that he's not on his right mind; Johnny gave gazed and smiled at her while he took her. He repeatedly pronounced her name while he claimed her.

It took a while for me to learn

That nothin' comes for free

The price I've paid is high enough for me

Right, she paid high enough loving Johnny, it was stupid but she loves him and she doesn't regret what happened.

I know I need to be in love

I know I've wasted too much time

She's in love alright, but did she waste her time?

I know I ask perfection of

A quite imperfect world

And fool enough to think that's what I'll find

She may be a fool, but who can blame her. Johnny leads her into something that night. He asks for it.

So here I am with pockets full of good intentions

But none of them will comfort me tonight

I'm wide awake at four a.m.

Without a friend in sight

Hanging on a hope but I'm alright

And then he woke up and remembers nothing, Ana tried to avoid her tears to fall, as she sings the last chorus.

I know I need to be in love

I know I've wasted too much time

I know I ask perfection of

A quite imperfect world

And fool enough to think that's what I'll find

I know I need to be in love

I know I've wasted too much time

I know I ask perfection of

A quite imperfect world

And fool enough to think that's what I'll find

What happen, happen already, what's done is done. There is no turning back; with God's help she will overcome her pain. At least now, she can move on, moved on with her life without hope that she can have Johnny.

Her fantasies are over. She should forget Johnny, it'll be hard but she would manage to do that.