That thing they called Best of Friends

"Hey gorgeous" Josh greets Ana with a smile. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kisses her on her hair.

"What is it that you want Josh Scurlock?" Ana remove Josh's arms around her waist and faced him."Is there a trouble in paradise?" Ana referred Josh's marriage with Ely.

"We just got married sister" Josh flashes his conceited look "There is no way our paradise will be troubled...honeymoon stage and it will be forever." Josh winks at her.

Ana shakes her head slightly while she smiled. "So what is it then?" Ana asks.

"What?" Josh replied him with a question?

"You just called me gorgeous Josh, there is something you need?"

"What do you think of me?" Josh furrowed his brows "You are gorgeous and you know that."

Ana gave Josh a sharp look; she crossed her arms over her chest waiting and threatening Josh that if he won't talk she would leave.

"Alright," Josh give up his act "can we grab a dinner later...after work, it's been a while since the two of us, you know...bond."

"You're acting weird Josh, you know that right?" Ana turn her back at Josh and walks away.

Josh chased her, he grabbed one of her arm then force her to face him "If there is one acting weird here" Josh motions his index finger "That would be you, not me."

"All right Josh" Ana motions his fingers like she's telling him to 'come here' then she said "Humor me."

"What is going on between you and my brother?" Josh prevents himself to smile broadly, he asks that same question to his brother and he knew the answer already but still...he wants to hear his best friend's side of the story.

"It's just a one night stand Josh." Ana answered she didn't budge.

Josh is not surprised, first, he knew already what happened, and second, he's used with Ana being straight forward at him with anything when there is no one around.

"Are you in love with my brother?" Josh asks straight at her face.

"No." Ana opened her eyes a bit "Come on Josh, we're both drunk and that's it." Ana tries to avoid the topic.

"Hey!" Josh replied he wiggles his head a bit "This is me Josh your best friend, you can talk to me." Josh tried to convince Ana.

"There is nothing to talk about." Ana squirm, "How about that dinner?"

"Alright" Josh held both of his hands up.

Ana chuckles "Pizza for dinner?"

"Oh boy..." Josh gazed Ana with compassion, he will never forget that when Ana is really feeling low or if she's somehow feel she's troubled she will eat pizza.

"What?" Ana had her high pitch again.

"Your secret is safe with me as always," Josh raised his right hand up as a sign of promise.

"Oh please." Ana glared at him "You better buy lots of boxes of pizza because we have Ely and Levy." Ana ignore Josh's last statement.

"Oh, don't worry about them" Josh whisk the idea. "I told my lovely wife that my best friend needs me so...we're good." Josh winks.

"Thanks" Ana punch his chest slightly. She's not thankful that she will spend some time with Josh alone but she's thankful that her best friend can be with her now that she needed him.

"What are best friends for?" Josh held his arms open.

"Yeah...yeah." Ana said with chuckles then she left Josh.

Later that evening, Josh came over at her place with two boxes of pizza and big size bottles of soda.