Chapter 31

Chapter 31 "The Chase; Lie"

Third Person's POV

It was dawn already. The ambush was finished, the winners are Alice and her partner. Yet, until now, with a deep regret on her heart. Dipper, or Alice, is still mourning for what she did to Lotte, or the Queen of Hearts. She once knew Lotte as a friend, but she was betrayed, played and now killed by Dipper's own hands.

Dipper's knees are soaked in the dried blood so as her hands. Her eyes are very swollen, because of the sour tears she had. There we're no tears to be cried at.

While Bill, well, he just stayed next to her. Not close to her but close enough to see how she is doing. It was a very heavy feeling for him, seeing Dipper cry all night non-stop and he has nothing to do but to stare and wont care about a thing. Although deep inside, he really do cares.

Then suddenly, Dipper, woobly, stood up. Her legs feels so numb since she was sitting under them for the whole night. Her pants are dirtied, so as her hands.

"Pine Tree?" Bill says, he approached her and saw how her eyes are now. Dead. Nothing. The gaze that can just make you freeze without knowing anything.

"Lets go. We still have to find the Rabbit and finish this." Dipper says, she turned to face him. And for the first time ever.

Bill was never afraid to see the look on her eyes.

Dead. No color of liveliness anymore. How it was so swollen, like it was freshly punched or what. Add up when she smiled normally, how nothing changed after all. Also add up the smear of blood on her cheek. It was clear that she was forcing herself to be okay and that is not good.

Bill swallowed, this looks kinds of turned him on but it wasn't the face that he knew to Dipper. He hesitantly lift up his hand and put it on the bloody cheek, her eyes widen by that and slapped the hand away. His eyes widen, surprised.

"Dont touch me." Dipper muttered, her smile remained but there was venom on her voice.

"Why wont I?" Bill asked back. He is not gonna end this Chase if she's like this. First reason is that Mabel will question him and he had no choice but to tell her everything. Second reason is that this isn't the Pine Tree he knows. And he could tell what made her like that.

Dipper, raised an eyebrow, confused to what he is saying. "What the hell, man? I just dont want your glove to get dirty." She says. As she used the back of her hand to wipe the blood, brushing her wrist on the cut on her neck, she winced.

Bill was rolling his eye of earlier but when he saw she winced, he noticed there was a cut. Thinking over. He pulled out his glove, revealing his hand. Dipper blinked, looking at him. "What?" She says.

He shrugs and lightly touched the cut from her neck. Dipper winced, glaring at the man. "That hurt!" She hissed. He ignored her protests and just healed it, he smiles as usual. "You know.. You might wont believe me but that Lotte isn't dead." He says.

Dipper froze. Eyes turned into a doodle circles, mouth wide open. She's so shock, surprised and doubting that as if, Mabel just found the love of her life and decided to marry him and will make 10 babies and will run away together on Mars.

"Pine Tree?" Bill sweatdropped, reading her thoughts.

"I'm not playing games here, you damn triangle!" Dipper shouted, grabbing him from the arms since that is only where she can grab him. He blinks. "What do you mean she isn't!? I saw her die infront of me, bastard! Are your brain got eaten by doritos or something!?" She exclaimed, guilt running to her veins. Remembering the look of Lotte by that scene, over and over.