Chapter 33

Ces: New cover! Because why not??

***

Chapter 33 "The Chase; The Hatter"

Third Person's POV

Dipper panted for air. Beads of sweat rolled down her neck. The strands of her hair at her nape sticks at her neck, making her icky. But she has no time to tie her hair now. She just saw and realized that her enemy is strong. And he's a 9 year old kid! Also add up that his demon, Cadmian isn't helping him, merely making an action for his Master.

They've been fighting for a while now. Probably for around 30 minutes, a half of an hour. And neither of them are injured.

He's strong, very obvious that he's working out. I shouldn't have underestimate a kid, all kids to be exact.

Dipper laughed dryly. This catches Alex's attention, he furrowed his eyebrows. "You're making fun of me, aren't you?" He growled.

"Oh." Dipper shake her head, straighten herself up. "I was complimenting you. Not all 9 year old are capable of fighting like this." She explained, amazed but with a hint of mockery on her tone. But deep inside her, she wished she was like this back then. With this, she is able to protect Mabel always. Oh no. She sighed. She's thinking about Mabel again, now she feels homesick.

Alex smirked, taking the compliment. "Thanks. You too. You're not like any Alice I knew." He says. This pique Dipper's interest, she smiled casually. This might be a short break. "What difference I have from them?" She asked.

That made Alex chuckled. And it was a genuine one. This made Dipper surprise but she didn't made it visible. His chuckle, it was just like really a kid. Her heart soften but she made it harden, this might be a trap. Don't be fooled. She breathed in, keeping it in.

"First of, they aren't weak like you. You're the first Alice I fought with potential. And the others cry like there's no tomorrow." Then, he laughed. A small blush crept on Dipper's cheeks. His laugh, was cute. "And they are so dramatic. I hate those kinds." He frowned once again, as he realized what he just said and done.

Dipper was still in daze when she heard Alex laugh. It was cute. Just like a kid, a normal kid.

Alex blushed in a million shades of red until his ears. His eyebrows furrowed. He was dead embarrassed. And confused, a question popped inside his head.

Why did I laugh?

With rage and confusion swarmed over him, he gripped on his katanas and sprinted to Dipper. And Dipper who was in daze, snapped out and only felt sharp pain on her head. She gasped followed by a short shriek coming out from her mouth.

This made Bill turn to the humans, worry plastered on his face. He was defensing himself from Cadmian too. He too, is strong. Probably has more magical abilities than Bill, but he doesn't care about that. He shouted Dipper's name. "Dipper!"

For Cadmian, it was a perfect distraction. But he found himself not able to cast a spell. His eyes widen a bit. Why can't he? He heard Bill laughed, it was mockery. "I'm not an idiot." Bill says, he snapped his fingers as he smirked. "I may not know everything but I still can see what you're gonna do." He explained.

Cadmian narrowed his eyes. "I still can punch you." He says.

Bill shrugs, he was worried. Very worried about Dipper, but he heard her voice in his head. He was calm again. He snickered. And that brought Cadmian into annoyance.

Back to Dipper and Alex, she has a cut on her head. The blood of her's is dripping down to her chin. Dipper clicked her tongue, wincing once a strand of her hair touched the wound. "What the hell, man! I seriously have to be on guard when I'm around you." She growled.