Chapter 39

Chapter 39 "Waffles"

One week passed,

I feel horrible. I don't want to move ever again or else I will die.

"Pines. Its finished. You aren't leaking anymore so shut up, you're making Mabel worry about you." Mariella is still with me and is taking care of me for the past week, giving me the food I wanted and she let me rant about almost everything at her.

But still. My head still hurts and I have no energy for my legs. I feel like a new born baby or something. I groaned and rolled at the other side of the bed, facing her this time.

I got used to her presence even more and she's actually fun to talk to, but she does nags a lot.

"Uhg.. Where is Mabel? She usually come here once in an hour."

Mariella only shrugs and floats at the mid-air, her arms crossed over her bumpy chest. She looks beautiful. I swear that, no wonder she almost looks like a goddess to me although she is actually a demon.

"You're staring."

"Huh?"

"You're staring at me again, what is it?"

Oh. She caught me. I laughed tiredly. "Well, you're so beautiful.. I can't meet any other woman beautiful as you, you know.." I muttered.

She smirked, and I knew her ego gotten bigger by that. I was expecting for her to make a rant about her being the most beautiful in the whole wide world but her smirk turn into a soft smile.

"Thanks for that, Pines. Normally demons only compliments me." She laughed.

I smiled by that, only demons huh? I must be the first one. "Well, you are staying with me. You will get more compliments than that someday." I joked.

"Of course, I will."

I sat upright, earning some little bites of pain in my stomach, then jumped off my bed. "I'm going out, you wanna come?" I ask, she won't be planning to stay her days cooped up in my room, isn't she?

She eyed me first then sighed. "I have no choice, you are practically begging." She snapped her fingers as her appearance changes into something that humans really wear as her hair tied up in a bun and her chains is gone.

She smiled at me, she's more taller than me by couple of inches. "So, where are you heading anyways?" We haven't left but she already asked that question.

I shrugged as I hide my hair beneath my cap. "I dunno. But I assure you not in the forest. Somewhere. Maybe, I could take my car." I stated, smiling wide.

I haven't used my car in a while huh. But Mabel will ask, I guess it wouldn't matter if she meets Mariella, right? She does look like a human. A beautiful human.

"And where do you plan to bring us?"

"Somewhere, I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Yeah.. No, I don't think so."

I rolled my eyes as I went out of my room, even though she said that. She still followed me. For some reason, people these days are busy. Or must be because its almost Summerween, I wonder what Mabel and I are gonna present this summer? And awesome! We have two Halloween!

As we went out of the Shack, I saw Mabel in her sweater with our national flag on it. She smiled as she sees me. "Bro! Finally you got out of the room, huh?" She chirped, then noticed Mariella.

"Hello! I'm Mabel! Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Mariella."

She didn't even changed her name!? Well, Mabel didn't knew her, anyways. I guess it's fine.