Chapter 35

Chapter 35 "The Chase; Allies"

Third Person's POV

"What are you doing here, Mariella?"

Bill asked as he saw the other goddess-like demon in front of him. As always, her golden locks stayed until her feet. Her eyes that seemingly turned darker when night turns in. A golden band and broken chains attached on her wrists. Her beauty never falter, like the thing between him and her never happened.

Mariella smiled warily, her hands at her sides. "Well, I am the demon of the Rabbit, Cipher." She stated the obvious.

And by that obvious, Bill gasped. A person ran on his mind. Pine Tree, Dipper. She ran and he never got to run after her. A heavy guilt churn him inside, he clenched his fists. "I don't care if you are that damn Rabbit's demon. I have to follow Pine Tree." I can't be away from her. I promised not to let her go away. Not at this Mind scape.

"Unfortunately for you, Cipher." She paused, finding the right words. "My human doesn't like fighting." She stated, not that she cares. Mostly, the ones who is chosen as Rabbit is more likely to be cowards, gentle and careful. And mostly, she always got to be the demon's of the Rabbit. She really has the fate tied into her huh?

"So? I don't care?" Bill growled, passing by her. As if she doesn't matter to him anymore, which she is.

And it pains for Mariella to notice that. She took a deep breath in and clenched her dress by the side. "Rabbit isn't going to hurt Alice!" She exclaimed, but Bill pays no mind and continued walking. Making her follow him with his pace.

"Rabbit is going to have a conversation with Alice. She doesn't want anyone to get hurt, if someone did. She's going to flip out and I think that's not going to be pretty."

Bill ignored her. He still remembers. The pain that Dipper felt, gone through because of her jealousy. And he thought that she was at least a good person inside but no, her jealousy, envy has gotten control of her and because of that it almost killed Dipper.

"Will you shut up, Mariella!?" He shouted on her face, full of rage. All of the boil, churning inside his stomach. He had enough of her. He had enough.

Mariella froze on her spot, her hands on her chest. Her eyes widen. She was surprised. She was only doing what her human told her and yet why is she being yelled at here? She trembled by the anger. She knows she made him angry because of the past, she regretted that. She really did. She shook. "I-I.." She cant even utter a word for him. She was too taken aback by this. Maybe she deserve this. All of her sins in this afterlife. She deserve what is now, and she terribly wanted to apologize.

It is her fault.

"Mar?"

The two demon turned around and saw Reikka and Dipper walking together with concern faces. But it changed once they saw Mariella's pale expression, mostly Reikka, she approached her. "Hey! What happened? Are you okay?" For a 15 year old that is concerned to a demon, I think we saw that somewhere.

"Pine Tree.."

Bill muttered his human's name. Dipper only looked at him with a frown, as if observing what is happening. When she did, she approached him and slapped the heck out of him on the cheek.

slap

Mariella, Reikka and Bill froze by that. Only Dipper has her expression flat, not recognizable. "What did you say to her? What did you say to Mariella?" She asks, flatly yet stern in every word.

"Alice.. It's okay, you do--"

"It is not okay, Rabbit." Dipper ignored Reikka's pleads. But for once, Mariella felt relieved somehow that after all of the things she had done to her, she is still there to defend her. She smiled by that and tugged Dipper's sweater, who turned around to face her.