Chapter 38

Chapter 38 "Those Days"

Why? Why am I always being betrayed? Being lied to? Am I just that kind of person who is easy and fun to be played at? Maybe, I am. Maybe.

But it hurts. Being lied, being betrayed. Like, my whole being is being broken by every word they say. Now, that it came to this.

Will I ever have a chance to trust someone new again?

I felt something in my hands and a voice, a familiar voice. And that voice is something like... chocking.

"D-Dipper!"

I opened my eyes wide and saw Mabel, being strangled by me. By me. I gasped and let go of her, trembling and in pain. W-What was I doing!? Strangling her!

"O-Oh my god! I'm so, so sorry, Mabel! I-I..!" I exclaimed and noticed that I am back in my room.

I looked around, I'm back at my room? So, I didn't die? I did pulled the trigger right? I killed myself right? Is this a another dream? I don't understand. "Why am I here?" I muttered a question.

Mabel looked at me with a concern look. "You don't remember silly?" Its amazing that she didn't asked me why did I strangled her unconsciously. "The weather forecaster said there will be a rain coming in and that was 3 hours ago, me and Soos searched for you in the forest and just saw you laying on the ground, in deep sleep. You won't wake up so we just brought you here." She explained.

A storm? I looked at the window. There are droplets of rain smashing through the pane. It is raining, quite heavily too.

"I-Is that so.." I shook my head. "I'm sorry for trying to.. uh, you know.." I whispered, quite awkward. I don't know how to say sorry now.

For mistakenly and trying to kill your own sister with your bare hands. But then, I killed myself. And I thought that gun can only kill, the Rabbit? And who knew in that whole fucked up thing, its only for three hours? And..

I looked up to Mabel, who is chuckling. "I forgive you. You must have a bad dream, right? You look pretty grim and tired anyways. That is why, I demanded for a break for you. You did, just got out of the hospital." At least, she is still alive and smiling.

"Yeah.. probably.."

"Well, are you okay now? Do you want to eat lunch? You didn't ate anything since you slept straight, you know."

I do feel a little hungry. But I don't want to eat anything. I have no energy to move, not even to wake up. But I have to, I don't want to see him anymore. Not a glimpse, not a memory. If I said back then that I don't want to forget him, I take it back. I want to forget him. I want to erase every little traces he left in my life, in my room, in my body, in my memories. I want to forget.

"I.. I'll just stay here, Mabes. I don't want to eat anything. I feel tired." And for some reason, my throat is in pain too. I don't need to tell Mabel that, she'll get overreactly worried. Besides, I want my alone time for awhile. I want to think.

And fortunately, Mabel didn't asked any questions and just nod, leaving a kiss on the forehead and left the room with a soft thud of the door.

I sighed heavily, collapsing back to my bed. I even noticed that I'm not wearing the sweater that Mabel gave me. I'm wearing my clothes before that Line Up thing. And my cap is at the dresser. Everything is at place. As if nothing happened. The only difference is that, there is a rain.

I rolled to the other side, eyes close. Begging for a another sleep. Well, until I heard someone talk again. This isn't Mabel nor him.

"It's good that you took my advice, Pines."