Chapter 05

"Will you cut the crap?" the man shouts as he bangs on Raine's door in irritation while she just happily focuses on her task.

For the last two days, there has been an uproar in the faculty as Raine has been playing the recorded voice of the word Enzo spoke about her being his successor rubbing it in everyone's face, as it seems being his successor was a great thing way better than getting money.

The men in the building tried to ignore it the first few hours but after that they had been banging on her door and when she got out, they wanted to kill her but the fear of Enzo stopped them.

"This is so wrong how can dad make you his successor when I am his one and only son?" Eric cries as he too was sitting outside of the door from the moment he heard the news.

Moreover, to say seeing his tears rolling down was heaven for Raine would be the understatement of the century.

"There is just something so beautiful about manly tears," she giggles, as their cries were beautiful sound to her ears.

After finally having enough of their cries, she stops the record and walks out towards the canteen to find every male glaring her way while she just grins.

Chewing down on the burger, she keeps throwing grins the men's way as she finishes gulping the food down she walks close to the group of men who were murmuring to each other so she glides their way and looks at them closely.

*******

"Hey, what's with the sad face?" Adriana asks as she walks close to the men.

"His mate just lost their baby," Max informs her sadly, as he pats his friend's shoulder in support.

"Well, I'm sure we can find him or her if we try" she smiles as she eyes the coffee reminding her she should take it as well.

"Not that lost Rain, there was some problem with her and they had to abort the baby"

"Oh, I'm so sorry" she states not knowing what else to say to the person.

"Its okay wasn't your fault to be sorry. It is just we have been trying for the baby for so long and we were so happy"

"Hey, okay relax buddy, you can always have a next one right?"

"Don't know we did some test and the doctor said the chances are low"

"Oh"

"Anyway, I need to go check on her see you later" the man walks out of the canteen with his head down.

"Damn, that must have crushed him hard"

"Yes, he was just so happy like last week and now this. Man, this is like the fifth time; I heard someone had to abort the baby...

I don't know what is happening" Max sighs as he gets up from his seat as well.

"Wait, a fifth time?" she asks confused

"Yes, just a few days ago some of the other men in here too had to abort their babies; it's kind of sad" Max sighs leaving her alone.

Adriana shrugs her shoulder before she goes to take a cup of coffee so she can get back to work, she still has to find more on Thomas as her days are numbered and Blake will come hunting her down as soon as her given week time is over.

*******

"Raine" Eric's voice stops her at once and she groans.

"Did you know this is like the fifth time that some one lost their baby?" she asks him as soon as he stands in front of her so she does not have to hear him whine about his father.