Chapter 22

"Can I have the next dance?" Advin asks as he taps on Devilin's arm to let go of his sister, which he gladly does.

"What's up Kiddo?" Advin grins as he ruffles her perfect hair but she does not mind as she was on cloud nine.

"Blue?" she asks as she remembers about the little girl.

"Perfectly fine, thank you" Advin smiles as they dance around.

"You are welcome, where is she and Jasmine?" she asks trying to look over Advin's broad shoulder but fails.

"In our room, Jasmine was not feeling up to joining the party and worried Blue would get lost so they are lazing around in the room" he smiles twirling her a bit.

"Oh, well why did you all throw the party in here then?" she frowns a bit confused.

"Because it's your birthday," Advin replies confused as well as he thought she knew about it.

"But it's an annual ball" she states as she looks up to stare at him.

"Yes that too"

"Now I am confused," she groans halting them in their steps.

"Me too," Advin laughs, watching his sister's comical face.

"I think I need to go find Papa" she finalizes as she walks towards her father who was looking her way with a smile.

"Okay" Advin speaks as he rubs the back of his head not knowing why she seemed a bit upset.

*******

"Papa is it true?" she asks at once standing in front of Adrian.

"What?"

"That this is my birthday party?" she asks tapping her feet in annoyance.

"Yes, didn't Devilin inform you of that"

"Are you playing cheap?" she accuses him with a hint of anger.

"Excuse me?" Adrian asks not knowing what she meant.

"This party, how can you throw a ball and my birthday party at once, that is so cheap," she clears up, which makes him laugh loudly.

"Honey, you were born on the day we celebrate the annual ball even if we did not want to mix both of it, it seems you have more admirers than we could imagine who wanted to shift the whole ball in to your birthday party...

That is why; no one could come to our aid on time that night" Adrian whispers the last words sadly.

"Oh" Raine sighs before she smiles widely and hugs him showing her support,

"Does that mean I get to cut cake and open my gifts?" she tries to sound excited but fails.

"Your mother is seeing to it" he grins fixing her hair as few strands were out of her bun.

"Oh, that's why I have not seen her" she smiles as she goes to stand at her father's side looking around the room.

"Yes" they both fall in to a comfortable silent.

*******

"Dante, no," Scarlet shouts swatting the man's hand away.

"What?" he pouts as he slyly licks the creams off his hand.

"That's my daughter's cake not yours" she scolds putting it away from his reach.

"So? I have the first right to this cake"

"How?"

"Well if it was not for me then no one would have met her," he proudly states making Scar roll her eyes.