Chapter 35

"Any clues?" Eric pokes his head in from the door of Raine's room.

"Few"

"And?"

"Get your ass out of my face"

"Sorry"

"How come Enzo is not here bursting my doors down to find out where his mate is?" Raine asks as she shoves Eric away from her laptop.

"Dad's been busy"

"Tell me something new"

"I have been appointed to work under you so I can take over your position," Eric sheepishly states rubbing the back of his neck and Raine stops typing as she stiffens.

"What?" she slowly asks turning her head his way.

"Umm...well, it seems Devilin and Dante had a little talk which mostly contained their fists and legs...

Moreover, in between some shouts Devilin was very angry with his father for treating you badly and then your father got angry with him...

Because they fought in the middle of the HP ground, where everyone can see and hear everything, including me as well...

Then in between a few punches, Dante appointed me as the new head in charge for the tech department and I am to work under you and to get my head around things so he can fire you personally which was his long time dream"

Eric finishes as he shuffles on his feet scared for his life as Raine glares at him.

*******

"You cannot do that"

"Well, I have an official appointment letter"

"This is the worst week of my entire life; anyone would have been fine but you"

"What's so wrong with me?" Eric frowns, a bit offended.

"Because If I had a dog he would be smarter than you"

"Huh?"

"To be honest if you were an anime, your manga version would never be better than me"

"Manga, dog are we talking about same stuff?"

"Oh my keyboard he does not even have any sense of humor, I am sure the only reason Dante has appointed you is all because of your brains"

"Ah well, thanks"

"Because I bet your brain feels as good as new, seeing that you have never used it"

"Are you insulting me or..."

"Why don't you slip into something more comfortable? Like a coma"

"Ouch...I see you are unhappy with the change" Eric cringes a bit.

"Unhappy is too small of a word to express what I am feeling right now, but don't worry I will be sure to scream out loud and clear about these changes people seem to make around me...

And you, keep your germs filled hands away from my computers" she shouts before shutting her laptop and storming away from her room while Eric bites on his lip scared of her.

*******

"Three years I have given three years of my life to this institute, three precious years that I could have invested in seeing the things I wished for and this is what I get?" Raine shouts as she walks inside of the HP in a rage never known.

"Hello Raine, how have you been?" Ryan's voice stops her rants before she greets Ryan, Rom, Ethan, Enzo and Connor.

Her eyes zoom in on Dante who has yet to realize her existence.